Is there an ap that can get album art work

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all Is there an ap which fills in missing art work on i tunes it was easy to fill in missing artwork on windows :) not so on the mac as I am not realy sure how it works at the moment but hayho thanks for any information on this one :cheers:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The process is automated during ripping. If no artwork is available, then you will have to manually add the artwork.

Selct the neccessary album songs, right click, select 'get info'. Left click to select artwork box in track info tab and drag downloaded artwork to this box.

Any apps that automate the track info process or artwork collection, just scan databases, no magic involved.

Overdose said:
The process is automated during ripping. If no artwork is available, then you will have to manually add the artwork.

Selct the neccessary album songs, right click, select 'get info'. Left click to select artwork box in track info tab and drag downloaded artwork to this box.

Any apps that automate the track info process or artwork collection, just scan databases, no magic involved.

Easy when you have to fix just a few albums. What would you do if 100 albums of your ripped CDs have no album artwork, or have mislabelled info?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Overdose said:

Easy when you have to fix just a few albums. What would you do if 100 albums of your ripped CDs have no album artwork, or have mislabelled info?

If you hadn't quoted my post, I'd have just explained it before 'Access denied'. ;)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you are importing via iTunes, any album perpmutations are highlighted to give you the option of ensuring the right data is downloaded. After that you might have to tidy a few tracks or tweak here and there, but generaly not too bad.

Missing artwork from the database that iTunes uses, is likely to be missing on other large databases also, so individual artwork searching might be the only answer.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
I use this & am very happy with it: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ You will find 20-30% discount codes for it if you google.
Thanks that looks like it will do the job do you have the buy it once option or the subscription ? :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:

Thanks I like this one better cose it cheap free in fact :cheers:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
toyota man said:
Overdose said:

Thanks I like this one better cose it cheap free in fact :cheers:

Free but slow.

Use Google to search using the 'images' tab select show sizes > medium, and try to pick images at or above 500x500 as a minimum. This will give you large enough embedded artwork that will still look ok if you want to show larger cover art.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've ripped 480+ CDs now, and I've added all the artwork by myself. Not really keen on using iTunes to add it as tbh it's not always great quality and sometimes where albums have various covers depending on territory etc it often picks the 'wrong' one, and I really am that anal about it that I want it right.. Mostly the artwork can be found via Google Images (as above), but for about 20-30 albums I've had to scan the CD covers.

toyota man said:
bigboss said:
I use this & am very happy with it: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ You will find 20-30% discount codes for it if you google.
Thanks that looks like it will do the job do you have the buy it once option or the subscription ? :cheers:

Both options are available. Free to try. I went for lifetime option. Its brilliant - cleaned my iTunes library beautifully.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Use Google to search using the 'images' tab select show sizes > medium, and try to pick images at or above 500x500 as a minimum. This will give you large enough embedded artwork that will still look ok if you want to show larger cover art.

[/quote] +1 on that,I use Amazon too if I have a difficult one,always found the right one.Comes out right size for me too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts