is there a better turntable than this for the money?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you want to be a DJ, buy a Technics deck. If you want the best performance for your budget, don't.

You could buy a very good Rega or Pro-ject turntable for £400 - is this your ideal budget, or below/above? Lots of people on here who'd be happy to help.

T

the record spot

Clare's pretty much hit the nail on the head. However, if you;re not averse to a spot of DIY, remove the arm, upgrade it to something along the lines of an RB300, stick on a better cartridge and you have a real winner of a deck (see link below).

If, however, you want something out of the box, on the shelf and with minimal fuss, go down the Rega route. The new P3-24 is apparently to die for.

http://www.tonearm.co.uk/dj-technics-arm.htm

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
ok cool. Not sure why - I was always under the impression that direct drive was better than belt drive
emotion-18.gif

Well, I'd be looking to spend around £250-£300 if I'm honest. So - Rega or Project???? that is the question isn't it?

I'll be matching with an Onkyo 875 (black), Quad L-ite 5.1 (cherrry) with Van Damme cabling. Probably be adding an NAD 542 cd player too (although might go for Marantz 6002 - really can't decide!)

In peoples experience - how should I spend the money - which Turntable?

Cheers guys and gals
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts