Is the setup optimal or bad?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have setup a 5.1 HT with minx 20 speakers 15-75w reccomended and Minx 10 10-50W reccomended with a 300 W rms sub. I use Denon AVR1912 which has 90 W rms per channel. so I am driving speakers which has less wattage than the speaker out on AMP. is this setup ok? what should be the optimal db volume should be used as I assume i need to always run this with low power? Will I harm the speakers?

Regards,

SP

A

Anonymous

You are more likely to damage the speakers with an underpowered amp. Just don't go mad and try to get reference levels from them :)

A

Anonymous

The AMP is powered to serve 90W/channel RMS. Where are the speakers are with reccomended 15-75 W RMS.

Brek

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in agreement with the above comment, I am using 4 minx 10's with my onkyo 609 and they are working fine, tried reference level and no apparent sound of speaker breakup, although I found reference level too much for my ears. So if kept to lower power you should be OK, and the reason why is that if your speakers are rated for 50 watts, that means they'll handle 50 watts of clean power, if you put 50 watts in from an amp only rated at 50 watts you risk the sound distorting and it is the distortion that damages the speakers so as long as the power into the speakers is 'clean' the speakers will handle it.

Brek

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in agreement with the above comment, I am using 4 minx 10's with my onkyo 609 and they are working fine, tried reference level and no apparent sound of speaker breakup, although I found reference level too much for my ears. So if kept to lower power you should be OK, and the reason why is that if your speakers are rated for 50 watts, that means they'll handle 50 watts of clean power, if you put 50 watts in from an amp only rated at 50 watts you risk the sound distorting and it is the distortion that damages the speakers so as long as the power into the speakers is 'clean' the speakers will handle it.

A

Anonymous

I have connected the speakers, and works good. Used Audyssy to setup. when I turn on the power it creates a sound as speakers are powered (sounds like tek). not sure why it happens. Speakers are selected as small -5 DB for frond -4.5 for center and +7 for sub and -2.5 for the rear while audyssy setup). is this nominal?

Regards,

SP

TRENDING THREADS