Is the Panasonic TH-37PX80B compatible with a Humax 9200t pvr ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to purchase a Panasonic TH-37PX80B tv but need to know before I make this purchase, that it is compatible with my existing freeview Humax 9200t pvr.

I need to establish if there is likely to be a picture degradation when running the SD freeview box inconjunction with this tv.

I am on a limited budget and cannot aford to upgrade my pvr system at the moment.

Your comments on this issue would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have the 37PX70 (2007 model of the TV your buying) and the Humax 9200 PVR and have been running them together for over a year now, they work great, the Humax provides as good as, if not better freeview picture than the TV's integrated tuner and of course with the Humax you get the ability to record. When I upgraded my TV to the Panasonic I bought a high quality SCART lead to connect them as I was also concerned about running SD on such a large screen, the better SCART did make a difference and in my opinion improves sound and reduces picture noise.

I say get the TV and upgrade to Freesat or something in the future when you can afford it, this will give you some HD content. Also before you buy...if you can squeeze in a 42" screen get the 42PX80 instead as its about the same price at the minute and your getting a lot more screen space. (you will get used to the 37" very uickly, I regret not getting the 42")

Or to completely confuse you...hold fire until Panasonic release their 2009 line-up, although these will be quite a bit more expensive at launch!

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

The humax pvr is a terrific piece of kit, which i wish to retain as I record a lot of programmes, its good to know it will work ok with this t.v.

Thanks for your reply.

TRENDING THREADS