Is Rotel RA-06 SE with Focal 706v a good combination?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently bought a pair of Focal 706V speakers and need an amp to get with them. Research on the internet has been showing that a NAD 326 BEE would work well however I can get a Rotel RA-06 SE for pretty much the same price as its in a sale.

I have listened to the Rotel at the store but they don't have NAD in stock so I can't compare the 2. On paper the Rotel is twice the price but maybe it isn't a great match. I would really appreciate any opinions. For me I found the Rotel maybe a bit sharp but the speakers haven't been burned yet so I wonder if this might have something to do with it.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks

Hi and welcome...

I've not heard Rotel and Focal together, but it really depends on source and room acoustics. I like Focal speakers alot, however, I would say that Nad should be (I use the word 'SHOULD' cautiously) a better or safer match. I've only heard Focal with Arcam and Leema, which is excellent with the former and good regards the latter. Please don't concern yourself about reputation, Arcam/Focal was almost the combo I had...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm with PP on this one, but it is personal. I would find Rotel + Focal too forward and fatiguing and would also look at the warmer sounding amps (Arcam, Nad, Musical Fidelity, Sugden etc)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts