Is my TV 3D ready, capable???

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi forum gurus, I have a Samsung 50" plasma mdel number PS50 476a. In the menu it says 3D but is not highlighted, however in the manual it states an IR Emitter is needed and on the rear of tv it has an input! Can anyone shed some light on it pls?? Thanks

A

Anonymous

no i dont think so...

the 3d in your tvs menu is probably reffering to a 3d comb filter , i dont know what that is but its nothing to do with actual 3 dimensional tv afaik .. sorry
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've had a look at Samsung's website and found:

"The SAMSUNG Plasma TV PS50A476 incorporates 3D Image Display technology,
upgrading your viewing experience to an entirely different level.
Lifelike images make you forget that you're watching a movie, while
awesome three-dimensional effect put you right in the world of your
games"

To me, this says that the TV is not a 3D telly, but it does have some 3D features... I'm not entirely sure what this means...

The HDMI ports are only V1.2 which would make me think that it's not 3D as HDMI tends t be V1.4, or V1.3 for decent cables...

Sorry, but I don't think your telly is 3D, but I'd be interested to find out what the 3D "effect" is that they talk about...

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

i thought only sammy tvs that have a "b"or"c" in their model number were 3d ...? maybe not...

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far. When I bought the tv of Christmas 2008 I got a deal on it with a huge bracket so it can swivel and pull from the wall a foot or so and tilt, all in for £750 from mate at Richersounds. I never bought it for the 3D thingy at all but as of late it seems were it's all going I got a bit excited lol. Now I not so excited as it really don't cut the mustard.

Looking at the picture of the specs etc would seem to be about 3D but I remember reasons about the comb filter.
Anyone else know much about it?

A

Anonymous

Hi ;),

this is definitelly 3d capable TV :D I`m using it with SSG 1000 3d glasses which contain Emitter ;) , 4pcs I have.

Software for side by side movies, mkv 3d movies - Sterescopic player, you can buy in www.3dtv.at

Blu Ray 3d playback with Cyberlink PowerDVD markII pls download install set up,

3d is working only through PC, I`m using from PC dvi to hdmi 1.3 cable, so pls easy buy install & set up ;).

3d has 2modes - mode 1 particullarly good for Cyberlink Powerdvd Blu ray 3d playback, you must turn on 3d tv in player don`t be worry easy, (you must have blu ray reader in PC too :D of course)

mode2 on 3d button remote controller allows perfect 3d on stereoscopic player, only few movies on stereoscopic player works with mode1 good...

I watched Avatar 3d - mkv , Cloudy with chance of meatballs blu ray 3d, awesome awesome like full HD experience, unmatched no ghosting... pls don`t read about ghosting in 3d on this TV, all remain on movie quality, best new movies are without small mistake on this TV :) depend on film studio 3d converting quality, best are movies originally made only in 3d not converted.

Pls enjoy this TV, no problem to use in 3d like this ( only 3d blu ray player compatible with this one is Panasonic bdt300- must be turn on checkerboard format, very easy and then 3d is working ), anyhow still not finished converter box which allows for this model to watch 3d TV broadcast .... but I have no plan & no option to watch in Slovakia, I don`t care so :)have a nice day

A

Anonymous

btw ssg 1000 are 3d glasses with emitter from Samsung maybe hard to buy them now, but there are more options saying on internet that are other glasses still compatible with this TV , pls search if you want ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts