Is my CD player a bit fussy?

tomekpel

Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Today I decided to play Wynton Marsalis 'Live at the house of tribes'. To my surprise, every now and then I was getting cracks as if it was a vinyl not a cd playing. Thought maybe dirt but no, tried through a different player (Yamaha DVD) and it's fine. I checked few other cds and they play clean. So, is my cd player (Marantz 6002) fussy with this particular one? Any advise welcome. Thanks. Tom

A

Anonymous

Funny this, another poster is posing a similar question. Newer CDPs might very well be more fussy. Mines certainly is.

A

Anonymous

For what it's worth, I've been advised NOT to use a CD head cleaning CD, you know, the sort with a wee brush on...

tomekpel

Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
I think I found sort of makeshift solution to problem described above. I copied the original to a generic cd-r. Plays fine, the copy of course. Shame, you spend money on legitimate disks only to have to copy it to be able to listen to them...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Could it be anything to do with copy right software?

I was talking to a guy who working for Mcintosh the other week and he said there is a growing problem of cd players (mainly high end) that couldn't read the copy right protection cds!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts