Is It Possible. Please Help

camcroft

Hi.I have been streaming my music using Bluetooth from my pc to a QED U-Play puck connected to my stereo and it works well.I recently bought the new version of the new U-Play which has its own outputs so that you have a choice of how to connect it to other equipment.I connected it in the same manner as I did with the old one and the sound was not as good so I changed back to the old one.The new one has got an optical output but my amp hasnt got an input for optical/digital.I was wondering if I could connect this to my cd players optical output.Is there anyway to make this work before I pack the new U-Play up to send back and of course lose money.Thanks for any help

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed your sig and have looked at the back panel of your CDP, you definitely cannot use it as a DAC.

You can pick up DACs for about £30, but any improvement is likely to be minimal and you would probably be 'throwing good money after bad'. Is the difference in the two versions really significant?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
You may as well just send the new one back and take the postage hit then. Without other system changes it offers you no greater functionality and seems to have made your sound worse.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts