Is it generally possible to balance A-B on a 4 channel amplifier such as NAC C399?

doremafiso

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
I like to drive one main pair speaker and concurently (at times) a scond set in adjacent room. Currently I am using an older receiver. Receivers allow to change the gain on any channel. But how about 4 channels amplifiers? I am currently looking at NAD C399 for example. I looked at the manual online and coudl not find a A-B balance feature. Is this generally not possible with 4 channel amplifiers?

doremafiso

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
thanks. Can I drive two pairs with it and use an external device? something like this?
If I did will this be linear to volume on main amplifier?

Gray

thanks. Can I drive two pairs with it and use an external device? something like this?
If I did will this be linear to volume on main amplifier?
I would advise against using that device with the C399.

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Are there any good options to accomplish such a 4 speaker setup?

think you need to state what you’re trying to accomplish for people to better guide you to a product that will preform the way you want it too.

do you need all the speakers to work in the same room at the same time?

crown amps will allow this

but the most obvious is a surround sound amp run in all channel stereo mode.

if I understand your question correctly

doremafiso

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
I have a main pair of speakers (Evo 4.2) in the living room, a pair of satellite speakers in connected adjacent room. Therefore, the A-B balance need. Sometime I like to have music in both spaces. Sometimes just listen to music in the main room.
Currently, I am using an old Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver which allows me to drive 4 speakers and balance. I wanted to upgrade the receiver. Came across the NAD with integrated Bluesound. I like the idea to reduce the number of devices. But it might be not possible after all...

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I have a main pair of speakers (Evo 4.2) in the living room, a pair of satellite speakers in connected adjacent room. Therefore, the A-B balance need. Sometime I like to have music in both spaces. Sometimes just listen to music in the main room.
Currently, I am using an old Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver which allows me to drive 4 speakers and balance. I wanted to upgrade the receiver. Came across the NAD with integrated Bluesound. I like the idea to reduce the number of devices. But it might be not possible after all...

Think you have the best product for that already if you want to stick to separates.

You could look different brand like denon heos.

Or move to Sonos which to be honest in most living rooms sound fab. Allowing for music in every room and ther the king of it.

other than that there still isn’t many options for multi room setups. At least that I’d be willing to live with.

doremafiso

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
Generally, I guess I have the following options:
1.) use a receiver
2.) By more Bluesound amps (similar with sonos). 1 for each speaker pair
--> seems to become expensive for the purpose
3.) Connect the bluesound node to a multi-channel amplifier
--> I have no experience with such amplifiers and sound quality
4.) Get the C399 and get an additional small amp just for my Mirage satellites in my kitchen
--> like a Monoprice Unity 100-Watt - not sure about sound quality
5.) Get the C399 and buy a dedicated Bluesound speaker with integrated amp to replace my current satellites, like the Pulse

As I start thinking about the the spirit of such systems I wonder why there are no bluesound ceiling speakers or more modest Bluesound amps for that purpose.

I started to look professional lien as well

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Generally, I guess I have the following options:
1.) use a receiver
2.) By more Bluesound amps (similar with sonos). 1 for each speaker pair
--> seems to become expensive for the purpose
3.) Connect the bluesound node to a multi-channel amplifier
--> I have no experience with such amplifiers and sound quality
4.) Get the C399 and get an additional small amp just for my Mirage satellites in my kitchen
--> like a Monoprice Unity 100-Watt - not sure about sound quality
5.) Get the C399 and buy a dedicated Bluesound speaker with integrated amp to replace my current satellites, like the Pulse

As I start thinking about the the spirit of such systems I wonder why there are no bluesound ceiling speakers or more modest Bluesound amps for that purpose.

I started to look professional lien as well

id go Sonos. Surround in one room replacing everything you have ( if you have the money to do so) so an arc/beam with play 1 sats.

Then what ever speakers you need for the other rooms. Play1-5. Eg bedroom a play 1 study a pair of play 5s for more serious music listening.

Another option is they sell incieling Speakers that you can use with there own amps. Or your own speakers you currently have.

no wires just power plugs. Neater

nothing integrates as well.

nads

Perhaps that's more down to the restrictions of an Apple setup rather than a Sonos one :cool:
More to do with Sonos not having made any upgrades to their opersting system. Tracks that can be played by any other setup just don’t work on Sonos. Tracks on a NAS playable by iPhones, android phones, pcs and other streamers either don’t play or play with no sound. I know where the problem is. If you don’t start with Sonos you are stuck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts