Is forum broken, again?

insider9

Cleared cached images and files and just sent the replies. Not sure it's a long term fix as won't know until I post this.

Why is this happening again? Can we expect an improved interface perhaps?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am now getting dodgy pop-ups for the first time ever ...

31984854781_23bf0afdd8.jpg

... given that I have pop-ups turned off in my browser (and I don't get them from any other website), I am well p####d off that What Hi-fi? software is circumventing this. (Upset that Firefox is allowing it too!)

daveh75

chebby said:

... given that I have pop-ups turned off in my browser (and I don't get them from any other website), I am well p####d off that What Hi-fi? software is circumventing this. (Upset that Firefox is allowing it too!)
Getting that too, and in both Chrome and Opera so it's not just Firefox...

chebby said:

Me to, bloody annoying aren't they. 'Tis about time WHFSAV really got round to having this website re-designed.

insider9

One would think that with so many forum templates available it's neither expensive nor difficult to improve what we have here. There's many amateur run forums that are more functional and better layer out than this.

With the importance of social media it's incredibly surprising that social aspect of Whathifi.com is so neglected. It's also not surprising why other hifi forums are so busy in comparison. You'd think that Haymarket would recognise the importance of this side of their business and that clicks equal advertising leading to potentially more magazines sold.

insider9 said:
One would think that with so many forum templates available it's neither expensive nor difficult to improve what we have here. There's many amateur run forums that are more functional and better layer out than this.

With the importance of social media it's incredibly surprising that social aspect of Whathifi.com is so neglected. It's also not surprising why other hifi forums are so busy in comparison. You'd think that Haymarket would recognise the importance of this side of their business and that clicks equal advertising leading to potentially more magazines sold.
+1. We had this debate last time around and this is what we got!

D

Deleted member 2457

I had to clear all my cookies on my iPad in order to log in.

D

Deleted member 2457

insider9 said:
gel said:
I had to clear all my cookies on my iPad in order to log in.
I usually use a plate of eat them straight out of the box :D
*biggrin*. I knew there was a joke in there when I typed it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts