Is an old amp a good upgrade? (PM7000)

NikonMike

May 19, 2016
Visit site
My old Technics SU-A700 is starting to have issues which may not be worth repairing. I found a Marantz PM7000 that won't cost a lot, I'm wondering how it compares (sonically) to the current models like PM7005 or PM8005? I can't imagine there were revolutionary improvements at this level (other than features like 7005's built in DAC).

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
NikonMike said:
My old Technics SU-A700 is starting to have issues which may not be worth repairing. I found a Marantz PM7000 that won't cost a lot, I'm wondering how it compares (sonically) to the current models like PM7005 or PM8005? I can't imagine there were revolutionary improvements at this level (other than features like 7005's built in DAC).

I've never heard a Marantz amp that sounds terrible. If it's cheap get it, nothing ventured nothing gained

K

keeper of the quays

Any port in a storm! Might be you like the seaside town? Get used to it? Settle down! Become the mayor? So yes go with the amp..and one day you can come into this forum and huff and puff! And pontificate to the rest of us? Lol..whilst shaking your chains of office!we have a fair few already here so you'll be in good company! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts