iRadio problem Onkyo 905 Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can't get any internet radio working on my onkyo 905!!! My network indicator is steady, network is connected. I've tried many url addresses and I can't hear anything at all!! does anyone know how to do it??? maybe someone knows any url which tried himself and it is working???

Main Version
9 1.09/08414A

DSP1
08214A

DSP2
07518A

DSP3

07820B

HDMI
07706A

VIDEO
07606EO/

NET

1.01/070731zHere is my soft maybe something is wrong with soft or maybe my onkyo is faulty???? please help!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Think this might be the problem not sure. http://www.eu.onkyo.com/press/press_release_en_6554018.html

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I use shoutcast as the source for the urls, open the file in winamp and use the properties on the stream and add the entry onto the onkyo's web interface. I hope this helps

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You also have to make sure your remote is in the correct mode. Once you've got the list in front of you, press the Net/Usb mode button (rather than being in the normal mode) otherwise the Enter key doesn't do anything (confused me for a bit!).

A

Anonymous

I've done everything. My remote is on net/usb mode I put 20 different url's from shoutcast and still nothing. When I press enter on any of the radios it just stay the same as I wouldn't press anything. I'm really ****** off about that stupid receiver. I've paid extra money so my receiver is network capable and it is not!!!!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem as you, and it was down to me being in the wrong mode - I'll repost when I get home so I can go through the exact steps on here with some pics to ensure it's not this.

A

Anonymous

Thank You professorhat!!! But I lost my faith I've tried everything and I am definetly in usb/net mode and nothing. Maybe I am not connected to the net maybe firewall or something but my network indicator on amp is steady so it should be fine. I put twenty dofferent url's form different sources and none of them works. When I have list of my radios I press enter at any of them but everything remain the same!!!

A

Anonymous

Network settings:

DHCP: ON

manual settings:

Ip address 192.168.0.100

subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 0.0.0.0

DNS1: 0.0.0.0

DNS2: 0.0.0.0

Proxy: OFF

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, well the settings above seem a bit strange - I assume you're going into the standard Setup menu, then Hardware Setup, then Network. Under here, I can set DHCP to be Enable or Disable. When set to Enable, the IP address then changes to one on my network. I'm assuming you have DHCP set up? If so, can you track down the IP address of the amp through your router's settings?
Anyway, assuming this is all okay, this is what caught me out. You switch to the NET/USB mode by pressing the button under the Input Selector section of the remote (which is the same as the 0 key), and then once you've set up your URLs and that, you then have to change the Remote Mode setting to NET/USB as well as shown by the key which is lit green below:

Only when you have this selected does the Enter button work.
Hopefully this helps.

A

Anonymous

Yeah. Have done it all but still doesn't work. It is just rubbish that is all

A

Anonymous

I have got feeling that I'm connected to my home network but not to internet. It seems qite strange that when I connect my pc to internet I need to type my network password If I don't do that on my onkyo I don't think it can be connected.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Were you able to make sure the Onkyo is getting an IP address? As I said, on my one, the IP settings are shown when I set DHCP to Enable - the fact yours show the default settings makes me think it's possibly not picking up an IP address from the DHCP server.
Not sure what you mean about having to enter your network password - are you talking about pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, then logging on to the machine or do you mean when you open IE / Firefox etc. to connect to the internet you are prompted to enter a password?

A

Anonymous

I use btbroadband and you need to type password to go online

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm, yes, that doesn't sound promising for the Onkyo in that case.
I think your best bet is to phone BT and see if there are any restrictions in place which would prevent the Onkyo from going onto the internet. Some packages only allow one device to go on for example by putting in a restriction on the MAC address of the network card that first connects.
If this is the case, you may have to change your internet package to get this working. I'm also on a BT package and there's no restriction like this, so it is definitely possible with them.

John Duncan

Maciek:I use btbroadband and you need to type password to go online

That sounds odd - my FiL uses BT and I have his connection saved and it just connects when I'm within range no problem. Is it the Home Hub or another arrangement? And what OS are you using?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts