Ipod video to TV

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I have some video on my 30GB ipod purchased from itunes but when I plug it into to my Sony 46"4500z TV USB port it cant find the file?

GetCarter

Nov 5, 2003
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you cannot connect an iPod via usb to a tv, only to a computer via usb, to connect iPod direct you need the Apple video leads, and these only work with certain docks and versions of iPods that have been enabled. Apple keeps changing the way various iPods interact, so it difficult to know exactly what you will need without know what iPod you have.

Juzzie Wuzzie

And for anyone who travels a lot and thinks the cable (or anything like it) recommended by idc would be "brilliant" for plugging your iPod into the hotel room television, please note that most hotels disable the AV in, so you just can't (easily) do it. Guess they want me paying £15 extra to be able to watch anything but BBC News 24 (or CNN).

Yes, I learnt the hard way!

idc

Hi motley. I have trawled through Amazon and there are claims and counter claims as to what works with what. Even on the Apple site it is not clear. You are left with either trying your luck, making sure that the seller will take a return, which they should do on Amazon. or the likes of HMV have a good selection so try there with your ipod in hand.

TRENDING THREADS