Ipod Speakers/Speaker Dock again sorry

birch

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I know theres probably been a fair few posts about which ipod speakers are the best but ive searched and nothing quite fits the criteria im looking for.

Im looking for some speakers or probably a dock for my brother who is moving to another country and is going to have no stereo for the first time in his life. So the speakers/dock must be small enough to pack into a large backpack/suitcase but good enough quality to use daily. Also a lot of the music he listens to is quite bass heavy so the speakers must be able to handle a fair amount of bass without distorting or affecting sound quality.

Looking in the price range of around £100-£200 - really can't afford to go over the higher end of the range. :-(

Not overly bothered about the aesthetics of the dock, as long as the sound quality delivers.

Currently im looking at the Altec Lansing inMotion IM7, the BOSE dock and the apple docks. So far the Altec is looking the best to me but would much appreciate any professional opinions or user opinions.

Many Thanks

B

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Altec will give you plenty of bass - but in a bloated way, with the rest of the music suffering as a result.

A far more satisfying everyday solution - with the advantage of a more compact form, rechargeable battery and carry case - is the Logitech PureFi Anywhere (£100).

OK, it's not a bass belter, but it's better than many, and incredibly musical for the money and size. And it doesn't distort when you crank it up, either.

birch

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Cheers for your help, will probably take your advice as it seems the best option for packing into a backpack or case and as long as the sound quality is good then i suppose thats all that matters.

Thanks for your time.

B

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I use my Bose when I go away. However, I wouldn't be pleased with it if it was my main hifi, as a handy carry thing for a weekend away it's fine....just

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts