IPod Coverflow problem

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can help with this?
On the iPod in Cover flow A-Z my albums go from AC/DC to ZZ Top then I have 4 10cc albums but then for some strange reason I have about another 20 albums which are listed alphabetically by album title and not by Artist. These albums include Led Zep 4, Lindisfarne, Scorpions etc etc.
If I search by Artist these albums are where they should be Zep 4 is listed among the other Led Zep albums and all 3 Scorpions Platinum collection albums are listed under Scorpions but in Coverflow The Scorpions Platinum Disc 2 is where it should be but Discs 1 & 3 are at the end after 10cc. These 3 albums have all been copied from CD using Apple lossless.
I have an Eric Clapton Backtrackin double CD which has also done the same.
I also have a Billy Elliott soundtrack which is one of these 20 albums and this does not feature in the Artists section at all but it is listed in the Albums section.

Everything is listed with Album Title above the Artist.

On iTunes on the computer all these albums are in Coverflow where they should be and everything looks correct.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Are the albums you mention classed as compilations in iTunes or not?

A

Anonymous

Hi, I should have explained myself better. When you right click on a file in iTunes and click on "get info" there is a little check box at the bottom with "part of a compilation" next to it. Are these ticked in the albums that you have problems with?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Yaya2 said:
Hi, I should have explained myself better. When you right click on a file in iTunes and click on "get info" there is a little check box at the bottom with "part of a compilation" next to it. Are these ticked in the albums that you have problems with?

You are a genius. Most of these albums have itunes/music/compilations/ in the info box. So my next questions are how do I get rid of that and how did I get it there in the first place. Zep 4 is definitely not part of a compilation.
I have a Glenn Frey that says Collection and not compilation and the Billy Elliot just says "added to itunes/b/billy elliot/

Thanks for your help so far.

EDIT. Just noticed to remove the tick on "part of a compilation" I will do this on all of them and see if this sorts the problem and will let you know.

A

Anonymous

To answer your question of how did it happen I really do not know, I can only assume iTunes automatically adds it as a compilation because it does it to be every now and then.

Please be aware that altering tags/information can mess up sorting in iTunes so tread carefully and don't blame me if it goes wrong :)

now to correct, I would recommend that you put iTunes into grid view, then scroll down to one of the albums your having the coverflow issue with, right click on the album and you will get a warning message click yes, it is probably best to tick the album box on the first page that comes up this will help to keep your album together though it should be the same anyway.

Now click on the "options" tab and where it says part of a compilation click no.

Let me know how you get on, and sorry for my wording but I wrote it as I was going a long to make it easier for myself.

EDIT= beat me to it :rofl:

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Yaya2, I have removed the tick on Part of a compilation and all these albums have returned to their correct place in Coverflow.

I new someone on the forum would know what to do so thank you for your help it has been much appreciated .:cheers:

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
One of thing to be aware of in coverflow is if you have more than one album named, Greatest Hits, or similar. Because you will look at Guns'n'Roses 'Greatest Hits' and it will also list trakcs from other 'Greatest Hits' albums, despite being a different artist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts