iPhone/Airport Express/iTunes -tips??

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Somebody is very kindly buying me an iPhone as a replacement for my ancient Sony Ericsson, but mostly, let's be honest, because I want to be able to control my iTunes/AE streaming from the comfort of my downstairs sofa.

I've got the Remote App ready to go and have read up about all the pre-purchase syncing tips, is there anything else I should be aware of?

I'm dreading a 25th of December of AE set-up proportions (well, the first time round!).

Anybody have any pertinent experiences or suggestions to pass on?

Juzzie Wuzzie

Just got a new MBook. Switched it on, it recognised the AX. Then, downloaded "Remote" app and it found my MBP, and the g/f laptop as well. Hit play, and boom, music.

Coolest thing on earth is if you put your internet radio stations (Active and Indie 103.1 for me) into a playlist, you can stream those to the AX as well, all with the laptops somewhere else in the flat.

I now want an Apple TV, but irony is that my whole flat is only 54m2, so theoretically, I could just walk up to the MBook and change track; alternatively, use my Harmony Remote aimed at the MBook. That said, the "Remote" app is capital "C" cool!

John Duncan

Charlie Jefferson:That sounds great, I'm salivating at the prospect of such interconnectivity.

In Apple we trust. (!)

Actually, no we don't. At least not until they make the Mighty Mouse user-serviceable by screwing it together rather than glueing.

A

Anonymous

The instructions with the Airport Express cause some people some pain but hopefully you'll get it up and running.

Once you've done it once it's easy.

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:That sounds great, I'm salivating at the prospect of such interconnectivity.

In Apple we trust. (!)
Haha! Well that trust could well be misplaced!!
The remote is actually the easiest and most reliable of the three bits of soft/hardware you're talking about. The App will find iTunes, iTunes will ask you for a pin number, which you input (having been given it from the app on the phone) and you're away!
Fantastic once you get it all to work. If you have AE up and running then should be fine. If not, best of luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts