iPhone 4 Case

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hey all,

So my other half is getting a new 8 GB iPhone 4 on Friday (upgrading from a BlackBerry) and I need to get a decent case to prevent it breaking when it inevitably gets dropped (not a criticism - everyone drops their phone!). Has anyone got some good recommendations. Have seen the Lifeproof case, but given the phone is only costing £99, it seems a little over the top!

Looking at spending £10 or so - any recommendations? I've got the iSkin on my 3GS which has worked okay, but bought that a while back so thought there might have been some improvements since then?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
*Warning, uncharacteristly girly comments coming*

From a practical standpoint, i've found a case that covers the screen as well as the back is a worthwhile investment - if only to keep your screen clean in your bag (as well as protect it).

And a case with a (cough) mirror in its lid can cut down on handbag clutter (cough). :oops:

There are a tons of examples on Amazon - I chose a WHF Red one from Proporta :)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Clare - the other half doesn't carry a handbag, so main thing is to have screen protection from being in pocket and durable protection from being dropped. For the screen protection I'll probably stick an Invisible Shield on it - have used one on my 3GS for nearly two years and has kept it looking brand new (I know as I had to replace it a couple of months ago!).

bigboss - that one looks good, thanks, will investigate!

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 can slide off a flat surface! +1 for the screen protector too. A fall at the right (more accurately wrong) angle can shatter the screen.

A

Anonymous

Speck pixel HD iphone case/skin is the best in my opinion, and ive had a few !!!!...

A

Anonymous

Try the case crown Lux glider, available in a jazzy pink and you can pick one up for around £10 delivered. Soft touch finish and velvet linned inside to stop the back from scratches.

Has a small lay on the table lip design and work great with screen protectors.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CaseCrown-Lux-Glider-Case-Cover-Apple-iPhone-4-/200642547978

I've ordered the Back & Pink (for the wife) takes around weeks to come from the states :)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/15501896/Exspect-iPhone-4S-4-Leather-Hard-Flip-Case-Black/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=Exspect&urlrefer=search I've just ordered one of these for my 4s. I've had had the 3GS version for 2 years and my phone looks as good as day I bought it, despite a few potentially lethal drops.

professorhat said:
Hey all,

So my other half is getting a new 8 GB iPhone 4 on Friday (upgrading from a BlackBerry) and I need to get a decent case to prevent it breaking when it inevitably gets dropped (not a criticism - everyone drops their phone!). Has anyone got some good recommendations. Have seen the Lifeproof case, but given the phone is only costing £99, it seems a little over the top!

Looking at spending £10 or so - any recommendations? I've got the iSkin on my 3GS which has worked okay, but bought that a while back so thought there might have been some improvements since then?

Which one did you go for eventually?

piper1st

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
In case it helps anyone else, I would highly recommend the Speck Candyshell cases. They have soft rubber on the inside and a hard outer shell. My wife has had one for over a year now and its brilliant. Just get a packet of screen protectors (which you cange every few months) and your sorted. You can get them from about £7 on amazon at the moment (were £29)because the Speck iphone 4 cases no longer fit the iphone 4S ... a massive bargain if you don't have a 4S. I just got a 4S, so i had to get the newer version from the apple store for £30.

b75

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
dont know if the cases are suitable or it suits your needs but photobox do an iphone case where you can upload a photo which becomes the case . an idea if u have kids or just want to put your coupon on it for a laugh. just a thought.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
professorhat said:
bigboss said:
Which one did you go for eventually?

After watching a number of YouTube reviews, she decided on the Otterbox eventually - big old beast, but certainly offers a lot of protection!

Just as a word of warning on the above - unfortunately this case seems to interfere with the proximity sensor in the iPhone, meaning when you answer or make a call with it, it doesn't detect this and switch off the screen, thus resulting in various buttons being "accidentally" pushed by the other half's face! What this means is half the time the phone is out of the case, resulting in it being fairly pointless.

I've now ordered the iSkin Claro (my lady is adamant that her white iPhone remains white!), so will let you know how this one turns out!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Pretty annoying when a product performs like that, either the manufacturer has done *no* testing or is intentionally selling products 'not fit for purpose'. The new case looked extremely good, let us know how you get on.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Weird one though, as many people seem to rate it, so not sure if it's a one-off or people just don't notice it (I know quite a few people who rarely if ever actually use the iPhone as a phone!). Seems to be because the cover covers the whole top of the phone i.e. it's only the screen which isn't covered by it, and guy in Apple store says this can stop the proximity sensor from working.

Anyhoo, it only cost £7 or something, so it's not the end of the world and it'll come in useful if either of us is ever in a scenario where we need a rugged case (which it certainly is) without needing to actually speak to someone!

A

Anonymous

mobile phone cases are always benefical for your iphone.when you are purchasing any case for your iphone choose the best one that can fit for your mobile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts