iPad 4 - Smart Case or Smart Cover ? Advice please

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, having recently bought an iPad 4 and having young children, I want to protect it.

I have recently bought some screen protectors and my next purchase will be a cover for it. I will be buying this 2nd hand from ebay.

I am told that the genuine covers are probably the best to go for (unless anyone can advise differently) plus I like the idea of keeping it all Apple.

I was looking at the Smart Case but wasnt too sure what the benefits are over the normal Smart Cover - was wondering if it then makes it very bulky with the case.

Any advice welcome with those that have tried them please. Pro's and cons would be nice.

Cheers.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I also have one of the Teknet cases.

Con's - does make your iPad somewhat bulky

Pro's - does the job, sleep mode bit works great, quite sturdy, can still operate all buttons etc with no issue. The main one though is that my iPad 2 is now nearly three years old and even though I use it nearly every day, it is in absolute pristine condition,

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
ukdavej said:
I also have one of the Teknet cases.

Con's - does make your iPad somewhat bulky

Pro's - does the job, sleep mode bit works great, quite sturdy, can still operate all buttons etc with no issue. The main one though is that my iPad 2 is now nearly three years old and even though I use it nearly every day, it is in absolute pristine condition,

Thanks for all the replys.

I did seriously think about the Teknet case but in the end it just looked a bit too much business like for my liking (if that makes sense). I think it was the pen holder bit that put me off, we will use ours with the family (but it is really my toy) and although cheap and obviously rated, I think ultimately I am a bit of a snob. I went for a second hand official Smart Case in the end. Which, admitedly I may have paid too much for - £33 including postage but when I paid in excess of £400+ for a grade A, 64gb iPad, it does not seem extravagant. Plus, the snobby side of me thinks it looks good. Lets hope I am right and thanks for the replys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts