iPad 3 What Would YOU Like To See On The Next Gen Tablet And Why?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok nevermind the thousands of rumours that seem to just keep coming what would You like to see and why?

Please remember the iPad still needs to end up being affordable.

I'll Start

For me there isn't alot i would change, the processer is already fast enough for all its needs though any advancements power consumption with the same clock speed is always going to be a bonus

The display resolution is good though retina display would be nice

Longer battery life

Dual Band WiFi is ontop of my want list for the next iPad

4G Broadband for when it start to roll out

Apart from that the iPad is pretty much perfect for me

What about you guys?

Paul.

I will probably stick with my origional iPad unless it gets updated resolution. I use it for mostly web browsing, AirPlay and as a portfolio. Can't say processor speed would make me upgrade, but higher res would be useful. Im quite happy though, so I would be suprised if I updated . I would like to to see an Apple designed screen sharing doohickey, like a VNC viewer/client setup for iOS and Lion. There are apps available already that do it, but it's too sluggish to be useful for anything other than emergencies.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, certainly not thinner and lighter, which apparently are improvements nowadays. They certainly were back in the days of old phones etc. but the difference in weight/size between iPad 1 & 2 were marginal, and I'd like to see what they could have done in terms of battery life and general speed if they hadn't made it 33 percent thinneror whatever it was. The obvious issues of Flash and removeable storage come to mind, but I just don't think that's Apple's style.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Built in infrared emitter. this will turn it into a killer universal wifi/IR remote without hte curretn need for extra hardware.

Ability to work as an external USB HD - I was disappointed when it was stopped on ipods/iphones. this is a very handy and basic feture but absent currently.

Retina display - the improvment on the iphone models is very noticeable

Longer battery life - always good

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
The only real ways I think it could improve would be extended battery life (mine seems to be on perpetual charge) and some way of expanding/extending the memory - it matters not how big they make the internal storage, one always seems to need more :O

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Isn't the people who make on Adobe Flash working on a new flash player that will work with Apple and other products because i think its been said that even microsoft are ditching Adobe Flash on windows 8 and internet explorer 10

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the original iPad. The iPad 2 didn't offer me anything.

Howerver the iPad 3 really needs to move on a bit. I'd like to see bluetooth printing at least, if not a mini USB. Also expandable memory. Prob get neither.

I'll stick with my iPad 1 if not, but if I need a new tablet. The latest Androids interest me more.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Probably because the wifi throughput on an Ipad2 (as with all phones/tablets) is still pretty poor - at around 15Mb/sec.

Compare this to the 80-90Mb/s throughput you can get from a decent wifi router.

So decent wifi throughput would be good - but dont hold your breath on this one.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Ditto for me. I can't ever see Apple implementing bluetooth properly or having USB or expandable memory. They want to control how you use it and view content as that is how they make their money. As nice as the iPad is, I don't think I would buy one. That said, only a handful of the other tablets interest me. I still perceive them as a luxury item and a bit of a gimmick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts