Internet Radio with app functionality?

RichH6109

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking for an internet radio that suits my needs but I'm really struggling to find one. Currently, I listen to a lot of radio in the bedroom but most of this is catch-up programme based (BBC Media Player App) through an Iphone and Ipod dock/speaker.

I'm looking for a radio that will offer the same functionality without having an Iphone plugged in - does one exist? All the ones on offer appear to have access to channels through the internet radio but I can't tell if they offer any level of functionality similar to the BBC Iplayer app for non-live broadcasts.

All i want to do is replace my Iphone dock and O2 Joggler with a decent sounding radio suitable for the bedroom!

R.

EnjoyingTheMusic

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
The BBC recently changes hobbit broadcasts on internet radio which affected the podcasts for many radios.

I recently got the great Roberts 93i which works well. I don't use listen again or podcasts on it, but I can see zone.on the device. It's worth checking into.

aonslow

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
RichH6109 said:
I've been looking for an internet radio that suits my needs but I'm really struggling to find one. Currently, I listen to a lot of radio in the bedroom but most of this is catch-up programme based (BBC Media Player App) through an Iphone and Ipod dock/speaker.

I'm looking for a radio that will offer the same functionality without having an Iphone plugged in - does one exist? All the ones on offer appear to have access to channels through the internet radio but I can't tell if they offer any level of functionality similar to the BBC Iplayer app for non-live broadcasts.

All i want to do is replace my Iphone dock and O2 Joggler with a decent sounding radio suitable for the bedroom!

R.

I recently saw on Amazon a VQ Retro radio which comes with DAB and a dock for iphone 4/4s, and lightining dock for iphone 5 and up. Prices aren't too bad either!

colin1003

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question - an internet radio that can directly access BBC Radio I player playbacks and podcasts, Classic FM playback etc. Is there one ???

iMark

colin1003 said:
I have the same question - an internet radio that can directly access BBC Radio I player playbacks and podcasts, Classic FM playback etc. Is there one ???

I don't know. But an iPad with the Tune-in app on a speaker dock does the trick in our bedroom. My main problem with most internet radio hardware that it can become obsolote very quickly if standards change. Computers and tablets are more flexible for future proofing.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
could you not just replace the iphone with ipod touch and then you'll get the same functionality but without having to leave the phone there?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The OP hasn't been back since September so he's probably got it all sorted out by now.

But I agree with Cheeseboy that an iPod Touch and the BBC iPlayer radio app would do the trick with a Bluetooth radio and not cost a lot (our local CEX always has a bunch for very fair prices)...

https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=iPod+touch&section=

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts