Internet radio through a PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm interested by internet radio - although I thought instead of spending £zillion on a portable player, can I get the same experience through my actual PC with a decent pair of speakers?

I had a quick Google for software, and had a look at Live365 but it seeems that u have to pay for the majority of the stations.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
PiperUK:I'm interested by internet radio - although I thought instead of spending £zillion on a portable player, can I get the same experience through my actual PC with a decent pair of speakers?

I had a quick Google for software, and had a look at Live365 but it seeems that u have to pay for the majority of the stations.

Winamp is free, and you can stream Shoutcast and Winamp stations from its media library... I'd need to check on others.

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
Most of the stations on live365 are free, though some do require you to buy the VIP package. The easiest way to tell is to look at the play button - yellow means it's free and gold with VIP underneath it isn't free.

If your listening for free the broadcasts contain adverts promoting live365 and a few other US products. I believe they are cut out on the VIP account

I have live 365 set up to stream through winamp to take advantage of the asio plugin I use but it does have a stand alone player.

T

the record spot

There's also Auntie Beeb who probably offers one of the best services on the 'net full stop.

A

Anonymous

the record spot:There's also Auntie Beeb who probably offers one of the best services on the 'net full stop.

I agree

haider

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
Also try:

www.reciva.com

designed for reciva radio users but works perfectly ok as a pc radio player via Real Player.

no bells or whistles its just straight forward and works!
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

I use Radiopaq which is very good and has stations i don`t normally get.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts