interconnect change.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a creek evo amp, arcam cd192, spendor s3e speakers, connected with qed revelation speaker cable.

I bought from flee bay a van den hul hybrid d102 mk111, but it was a home made jobby, with neutric connectors on the end.  

I like the smooth presentation that it gives, but it looks like steve wonder has soldered it together.  Does it make that much difference that it is like this and would it affect the sound quality as it is a bit of a bodge?

I am looking at the vdh the wave.  Do you think this would be a step up from what I've got and would it still be smooth??

Cheers. 

A

Anonymous

seduct10n:
Hi,

I have a creek evo amp, arcam cd192, spendor s3e speakers, connected with qed revelation speaker cable.

I bought from flee bay a van den hul hybrid d102 mk111, but it was a home made jobby, with neutric connectors on the end.

I like the smooth presentation that it gives, but it looks like steve wonder has soldered it together. Does it make that much difference that it is like this and would it affect the sound quality as it is a bit of a bodge?

I am looking at the vdh the wave. Do you think this would be a step up from what I've got and would it still be smooth??

Cheers.

With regard to the quality of soldering, providing the solder has flowed properly when making the joint then it doesnt really matter what it looks like. Problems will arise if the joint is dry (not flowed properly) or when there are obvious faults like shorts etc.

A

Anonymous

It looks as if there are no shorts etc, so I might be lucky and it be alright.

ÿ

I should of noticed that a cable like the vdh was going at nearly £30!! ÿI might get the other one and banish the old one to my bedroom set up.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts