Integrated amp seems to be lacking low frequencies ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:cry: i Baught a Technics SU-A600 off ebay, and as soon as i wired it in the 1st thing that hit me was that it sounded rather "flat" this is my 1st setup so i dont know if im perhaps expecting too much, i know the speakers arent great but iv tired a few diferent sets and its just full of high and upper mid sounds, the large drivers in the speakers are barely been driven, the amp plays loud and everything okay but just seems sound like its lacking the some "power" ?

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Would you flesh the details out a bit?
What does the rest of the system comprise and musical tastes might help for starters.

A

Anonymous

sorry, im abit of a newbie, iv tested on all kinds of music although i mainly listen to tock music, iv also just noticed that the volume doesnt go all the way down on the left channel but balances out again as i turn the volume back up, im just basically wondering if its worth me buying a CD deck and Turntable etc as i planned to or if its likely the amp has a fault, at the moment i have tried powering it through my DVD player using CD's and also from my PC. i know this isnt ideal but its all i have for now :oops:

A

Anonymous

the Polaritys are correct, i tested them the other way anyway's just to be sure but that made it worse

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about the volume/balance thing, the pot probably just needs a clean, if it balances out for listening.

You should check the polarity (+/-) is correct on all cabling.

Also try the tone defeat button on the front panel.

I suspect you may reap some improvement from the addition of a dedicated cd player but I am still wondering what speakers you have.

A

Anonymous

i dont think there great but im quite sure they should sound better then they do, my dad used to use them along time ago and they sounded alot better on his setup, I belive They are "Solavox Pr25 Mk2" but i dont plan on keeping them long, aslong as the amp isnt faulty at least

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts