insurance claim!!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
hi ppl,
no one answdred my previous post so here's hoping!! my Yamaha RXV2400rds (google and u will find the spec even tho discontinued) has been fruit shooted by my 2yr old!! my insurance is new for old but was wondering what would be a replacement in today's market.
my amp is 6yrs old and cost me £1100 from sevenoaks.
reason for posting is I don't want Insurance fobbing me off for a cheap alternative!!

thanks
Darrell

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Check with your dealer and see what thet would classify as a suitable replacement. Some insurance companies will happily accept this, other may make you jump through more hoops to get a suitable replacement

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I called my local Sevenoaks and they asked how much I paid for my amp so I said £1100 they replied the pioneer LX53 is it? £1100 worth or the new yammy coming out, RX2600 I think he said which is same price! I thought they were not helpfull and only matching a price although thuds av amps are way better than my current one was!!

A

Anonymous

I called sevenoaks ........... ONCE !

Never again, they had a deal on some MA speakers and they said 99.00 on this site, then the guy said oh 30.00 delivery as i live far away, I said I was about 40 miles, cardiff to bristol. he then said thats the price would you like it.

Lets just say I never dealt with them again.

I go to Hifix/frank Harvey for all my needs now, I knew nothing about AV Home cinema, and bought most of my stuff from there as they/dave advised so well, and very polite.

Always polite and free delivery which was always next day.

Cant seem to find my BIO Were is all the kit I had listed?

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
canada16 said:

Never again, they had a deal on some MA speakers and they said 99.00 on this site, then the guy said oh 30.00 delivery as i live far away, I said I was about 40 miles, cardiff to bristol. he then said thats the price would you like it.

I go to Hifix/frank Harvey for all my needs now, I knew nothing about AV Home cinema, and bought most of my stuff from there as they/dave advised so well, and very polite.

pretty rubbish in all then Canada!! maybe Frank Harvey can shed some light on a suitable replacement. let's hope he posts.

A

Anonymous

sta99y said:
canada16 said:

pretty rubbish in all then Canada!! maybe Frank Harvey can shed some light on a suitable replacement. let's hope he posts.
You could, of course, send the Frank Harvey shop an email or simply telephone - just a thought.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I dropped Yamaha an email and they suggested the RXV1067 or the RXV2067 two very worthy amps in my opinion. Was wondering if the pioneer vsx920 or the vsx2020 would sound good with Kef Eggs KHT2001 the very 1st Eggs which came out in 2002 I think.
Or maybe the Onkyo TNX808 may partner the Eggs??

Thanks

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
sta99y said:
I dropped Yamaha an email and they suggested the RXV1067 or the RXV2067 two very worthy amps in my opinion. Was wondering if the pioneer vsx920 or the vsx2020 would sound good with Kef Eggs KHT2001 the very 1st Eggs which came out in 2002 I think. Or maybe the Onkyo TNX808 may partner the Eggs?? Thanks

I have the 2700, and I would expect the 2067 to be a suitable replacement, so Yes Yamaha have got it right as far as I can see.

Yamaha and KEF Eggs together have always has a good review......................so "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Stay with the sonic signature you know unless you are totally dissatisfied reckon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts