Installing Freesat HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a sky+ box with Sky subscription in one room connected to a (non-fullHD) TV. I want to have freesat HD in the next room where I have a full HD TV. My question is: how do i connect these up? Do I run a cable from the sky+ box around the room into the next room, connect the cable (co-ax?) to the freesat HD box and then HDMI to the TV?

A

Anonymous

Hi meteormite, I would not bother with Freesat iv`e had my Freesat Pvr since December and apart from BBC HD and Sometimes ITV HD the rest of the pictures are not as sharp as i would like, very soft in fact. I have Sky in my other room and run a scart to the Pioneer and let the tv upscale and what a picture much sharper.

Take it from me wait and see what the Panasonic has to offer,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
meteormite:I have a sky+ box with Sky subscription in one room connected to a (non-fullHD) TV. I want to have freesat HD in the next room where I have a full HD TV. My question is: how do i connect these up? Do I run a cable from the sky+ box around the room into the next room, connect the cable (co-ax?) to the freesat HD box and then HDMI to the TV?

No, you need to switch the LNB on the dish to a quad - ie four output - type, like this

IDLP-40QDLplus%28front%29.jpg

and run two new cables from it to the Freesat box location, in addition to the two currently feeding the Sky+ box.

bladeslap

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I have to disagree with JJ, my Foxsat-HDR provides an excellent SD picture, so good in fact that my wife has difficulty discerning the difference between BBC and BBC HD...she does need corrective lenses!ÿ

That said, the Panasonic offering may well do what Panasonic do very well and provide a better tuner.

For best results surely you'd need a quad LNB and dual coax to your PVR?

ÿ

EDIT: Nice to know Andrew agrees with me;ª) My post was delayed by the climax of Stravinky's Firebird!

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Try getting her to watch LUXE TV, she'll notice the difference then. Only thing is she might hammer your wallet. Its very suggestive to women that channel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts