Inspire i2 Turntable thinking of buying one any thoughts ?

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Looking to replace my old turntable and I like the look of the Inspire i2 turntable. For the money it looks a great buy but I am struggling to find any reviews. Has anyone bought one or seen any reviews.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
airliebird said:
Looking to replace my old turntable and I like the look of the Inspire i2 turntable. For the money it looks a great buy but I am struggling to find any reviews. Has anyone bought one or seen any reviews.

Does it come with a lid? if not think about a Rega. You definitely need a decent lid with a TT IMO.

millerman

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Airliebird,

I havn't heard the i2 but I have just bought an Inspire Eclypse. I can only say good things about the company and thier different approach. if the i2 follows the same philosphy as the Eclypse then you are likely to get a much better TT for your money.

Inspire are nice people to deal with however I was buying;) and I understand they have a listening room if you are localish.

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes it does come with a lid, I sent them an e mail for some information and they could have not been more helpful. I have heard and read excellent feedback about the service they give and there mods for the LP12 have been very well recieved. I think I am going to order one in the new year. Cost is £379 with Audio Technica AT95e cartridge and £17 for postage. I live just over an hour away and more than likely visit them direct myself.

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
After talking to the nice people at inspire instead of getting rid of my old Rega Planar 3 I have decided to go for an Inspire Quest Rega upgrade package. It had great reviews in another magazine and will certainly be a step up in class from what I have had now. Its more money but it will get the upgrade bug out of my system. i am driving it down there myself and looking forward to see how it is transformed.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
They have a superb reputation. Even before making their own decks they use to service and restore/upgrade others. Their ebay shop was one of the only places I would buy a used turntable from - unseen - with total confidence. Even their own packaging (of used items) was excellent.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
airliebird said:
Rega upgrade package. It had great reviews in another magazine and will certainly be a step up in class from what I have had now.

Yeah but DP is deaf !!. ;) .

Roberts Quest upgrade certainly looks the part i must say. Out of interest are you going for the standard Birch finish or a veneered option. I reckon it would look the mutts in Rosewood.

I would also give a Michell clamp some thought as opposed to the puk. Over 10 quid cheaper and imo will do a far better job.

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Im doing it in two stages with the birch plinth, the mat and new R251 tonearm being the first to be done. The platter and puck will come later in the year when finances allow. I will post some picks next week when I have had the work done. Im getting a bit excited , the fact I can go and watch the transformation must be a unique selling point in itself. I dont know any other company that are that customer friendly.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
airliebird said:
Im doing it in two stages with the birch plinth, the mat and new R251 tonearm being the first to be done. The platter and puck will come later in the year when finances allow. I will post some picks next week when I have had the work done. Im getting a bit excited , the fact I can go and watch the transformation must be a unique selling point in itself. I dont know any other company that are that customer friendly.

I suggest that you put a bit of thought into the RB251. That new fangled 3 point fixing is a pita when you have to add shims/washers if you need to adjust the vta. Also if later on you buy a non 3 point fixing arm, you will have some lovely holes glaring at you from your plinth. Have a word with Robert before you commit to it.

Not trying to put you off mate, just something for you to mull over.

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Really happy with part one of the upgrade, love the polished ply finish on the sides. The whole experience of going to the Inspire factory myself , meeting Robert the owner and watching him do the rebuild made my day. It has turned my old Rega to the level of sound I thought I would never afford. From my old turntable I used the glass platter, motor , bearing and sub-platter. I am looking to replace the platter and add a clamp in the near future.

Hope you like :)

SSA54175.jpg

SSA54179.jpg

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I've been thinking about this for a while myself from inspire for my Rega Planar 3. How would you say the plinth has improved the sound and is it a "night and day" difference?

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Personally yes, at the moment my CD player and Dac are sat redundant on my rack. I was always impressed with my original turntable but this has blown it out of the water.

TRENDING THREADS