Input lag for LG 3D TVs and other 3D TVs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was thinking of buying a passive 3D tv at 55", specifically an LG 55LM670T or 55LM760T but have been a bit alarmed to read that typical input lags are 60ms plus.

One forum poster suggested that having reduced his input lag to 40ms by changing settings that a firmware update did away with this and his input lag went back to 68ms.

I am aware that anything above 30 or 40ms is pretty disastrous for online gaming (I've certainly had to play with a massive disadvantage having had a network lag of 60ms compared to some people on 20ms.)

My questions:

1 Is LG addressing this issue by improving firmware?

2 Will LG address this issue in their 2013 models?

3 Is the Panasonic TX-L55ET5B better on input lag: I have read mixed things about this.

4 Do Active 3D sets have less input lag?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
dubbletrubble said:
I was thinking of buying a passive 3D tv at 55", specifically an LG 55LM670T or 55LM760T but have been a bit alarmed to read that typical input lags are 60ms plus.

One forum poster suggested that having reduced his input lag to 40ms by changing settings that a firmware update did away with this and his input lag went back to 68ms.

I am aware that anything above 30 or 40ms is pretty disastrous for online gaming (I've certainly had to play with a massive disadvantage having had a network lag of 60ms compared to some people on 20ms.)

My questions:

1 Is LG addressing this issue by improving firmware?

2 Will LG address this issue in their 2013 models?

3 Is the Panasonic TX-L55ET5B better on input lag: I have read mixed things about this.

4 Do Active 3D sets have less input lag?

Hi Doubletrouble, welcome to the forums!

I had a look at a 55" LG TV (forgotten exact model) and was very impressed with it in the demo, watched Underworld Awakening in 3D and looked very good, however I to had concerns about the input lag. To be fair, from what I read LG aren't great with their input lag and I had a friend with one (32 inch model) and he moaned all the day about lag.

1. I always thought lag was more a feature thing, ie the more image processes you have turned on the worse you input lag as it has to process the image more, turn everything off and your lag is less. I don't think its something that can be improved by firmware, I could be wrong of course

2. I can't answer that one, but going from previous years it never appears to be top of their list, they reguarly seem to full behind other manufactures for input lag

3. I have read anything on this TV, sorry

4. I haven't seen anything that relates input lag to the 3D type used on the TV. That is a manufacture preferrence and lag has been round for much longer then 3D

Hope that doesn't give you two many more questions :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts