InFocus IN83

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an InFocus IN83 projector which produces a really excellent picture on my 104" diagonal screen. The images is very sharp and incredibly detailed from my Oppo BD Player. I know that many of you (including Claire) have this model and am wondering if the newer JVC DLA-HD350, JVC DLA-HD750 or Sony Bravia projectors produce a picture that's significantly better to justify the extra expenditure?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 350 and 750 are now the 550 and 950. You would see a step up in performance going to the 950 or the rival VW85 from Sony. The black levels on the higher end models will be stronger and certainly on the Sony you should find the picture very detailed and sharp.

Both projectors produce a different type of image from the DLP image you will be used to and a demonstration would be wise. Properly calibrated the Sony and the top end JVC are stunning and the next jump in performance comes at a significant price increase.

A

Anonymous

Which would you say is best: the Sony '85, or the JVC '950? (How does the the JVC '550 compare to the Sony?) Thanks!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The VW85 is better than the 950 in my opinion. We have both in store fully ISF calibrated and the Sony produces an all round better more detailed image than the JVC.

The 550 is very good but it is not in the same league as the Sony or the 950. Out of the box the differences are slight but when properly set up the higher end models excel as you would expect.

A

Anonymous

Hi Nick

Thanks for your advice. If it was your money would you upgrade from the IN83 to the Sony VW85? I agree that its very important to see the quality of the picture from a projector prior to buying it, however I live in Ireland and it is very difficult (if not impossible!!) to see the quality of a properly calibrated picture from a projector prior to buying it. I bought my present one on the basis of What HiFi recommendations and haven't been disappointed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts