Indoor DAB aerial for Denon X2000

krzychoniusz

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a decent indoor DAB aearial for Denon X2000, do you have any recommendations for decent equipment that is not 3 metres tall?

Cheers

TrevC

krzychoniusz said:
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a decent indoor DAB aearial for Denon X2000, do you have any recommendations for decent equipment that is not 3 metres tall?

Cheers

You can use a home made wire one up the wall. Very unobtrusive and works great. Don't bother with the ugly useless amplified things. Buy a couple of metres of coax cable, remove the insulation 67 cm and separate the inner conductor and braid, fix to the wall vertically as high as possible with the inner at the top and the braid at the bottom. Fit a plug to fit your tuner at the other end and voila!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The one they give you in the box is fine if it looks like this ...

Genuine-DAB-Aerial-For-Denon-RCDM35DAB-Tuner-DIGITAL-DAB-AERIAL-indoor-ANTENNA-with-F-CONNECTOR-FOR.jpg

... just don't throw it down the back of the rack with all the other wires like most people seem to!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I have one of these that works well and is less ugly than sticking cables up the wal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GXQUHM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Even better, connect your X2000 to your router (with an ethernet cable) and either use it's built-in internet vTuner and/or use it's built-in AirPlay with your choice of Radio and Streaming apps on an iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch.

(Or plug-in a £25 Bluetooth adapter if you use Android phones/tablets.)

Any of these will be better than DAB (especially better than DAB with an internal aerial).

Matte

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
TrevC said:
krzychoniusz said:

Cheers

You can use a home made wire one up the wall. Very unobtrusive and works great. Don't bother with the ugly useless amplified things. Buy a couple of metres of coax cable, remove the insulation 67 cm and separate the inner conductor and braid, fix to the wall vertically as high as possible with the inner at the top and the braid at the bottom. Fit a plug to fit your tuner at the other end and voila!
s

Shouldn't that be 33/34 cm?

TrevC

Matte said:
TrevC said:
krzychoniusz said:

Cheers

s

That's 1/4 wave, which will also work. A 1/2 wave will give a slightly better signal and if you are running it up a wall in a house there isn't a space constraint.

Matte

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
TrevC said:
Matte said:
TrevC said:
krzychoniusz said:

Cheers

s

That's 1/4 wave, which will also work. A 1/2 wave will give a slightly better signal and if you are running it up a wall in a house there isn't a space constraint.

Yes, a quarter wave of each element ( the inner being one and then outer the other) making a half wave dipole.

Your dimensions would make a full wavelength dipole. This would have a poorer radiation pattern and more importantly high high imput impedance which would be badly matched to the output impedance. It would need proper matching. Even the half wave dipole should have a BALUN to reduce cable currents, on an unbalance feeder to balanced antenna.

My dimensions would be more favourable for a home made antenna.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts