incoming abrahamsen amp

dap33

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
got a abrahamsen amp coming shortly, was after a dac/streamer have seen the cambridge audio 851n which looks to have everything i need & the musical fidelity m1 click,(budget about £1000) i was wondering if i may have missed anything. Will also be looking for a set of speakers, book shelf or floorstanders.(Budget about £1500-£2000)

Room size is about 4m x 4m, musical taste ranges from Drum & Bass, House, Hip-Hop, Metallica, The Doors, James Brown, Ennio Morricone. Is there such a speaker that does all styles well?

thanks dap33

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Speakers that you might consider are:

Kef R Series
PMC Twenty
Proac
Focal
GamuT
ATC
Tannoy
Mark and Daniels

My advice would be to bring your amp around to different dealers and listen to as many speakers as possible.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Of your room?
Good floor standers: kef r series and tannoy precision 6.2 (can be had for cheap now)

Good stand mounters: kef r300 and dynaudio dm 2/7

Burnsie

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
As everyone else had said you will need to try out different speakers to see what you like but just another for your list is Harbeth.

Heard the Abrahamsen with Harbeth P3ESR and it sounded very good, I ended up getting the Harbeth 30.1 but with the Abrahamsen the Harbeth range sound vey good.

Enjoy lugging that lump of an Amp round the shops.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
dap33 said:
got a abrahamsen amp coming shortly, was after a dac/streamer have seen the cambridge audio 851n which looks to have everything i need & the musical fidelity m1 click,(budget about £1000) i was wondering if i may have missed anything. Will also be looking for a set of speakers, book shelf or floorstanders.(Budget about £1500-£2000)

Room size is about 4m x 4m, musical taste ranges from Drum & Bass, House, Hip-Hop, Metallica, The Doors, James Brown, Ennio Morricone. Is there such a speaker that does all styles well?

thanks dap33
Hi, I'm assuming you are in the UK and are waiting for me to get stock? Abrahamsen have been on a 3 week factory shutdown holiday, OK for those vikings! You are more than welcome to come and demo some speakers when you collect the amp. The IPL speakers are incredibaly neutral so are pretty good with almost anything you throw at them. The rest comes down to room size and how much bass you wish to produce.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts