hello everyone

in the process of building an extension which will become our new lounge.

i want to put all speakers in the wall ( not the sub), can anyone recommend what speakers are best ? i have a budget of roughly £1200 max for front left,right and centre. ( have been looking at the monitour audio wt250-lcr )

open to any and all makes of speaker.

i have 2 monitour audio wt280 idc's for the rear speakers, which im happy to keep for now

is it best to cut out hole in wall and seal the sides , creating a kind of sealed box in the wall ?

im also looking at getting a dennon avr-x3300w amp , any feedback would be greatly received ?

really appreciate any input , thanks in advance.

Nick

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Kef do a good in wall range and MK Sound do a big range of in walls.

Speak to Rich at SeriouslyCinema I know him very well and he can advise on the best MK's for your room and budget.

I've got Monitor Audio WT280 IDC LCR, WT265 surrounds and CT265 ceilings (7.1.4 Atmos setup). They're fabulous speakers, both for movies and music! Far superior to my previous Monitor Audio Radius HD speakers. You can get good discounts on them, worth asking your dealer.

The Denon will pair beautifully with them.

I didn't need to seal it, because either there's a void behind them or there's no room on the other side.

You can look at Monitor Audio Controlled Performance (CP) series if you want, which have built-in back box. Or get an after market back box if you need.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Bottoms too!

Not only does it help in wall and in ceiling speakers project sound out into the intended room, but it prevents them projecting sound into the cavities and / or surrounding rooms.

It also stops insulation finding its way behind the cones and tweeters and gumming them up, and ensures there is free air around the crossovers to prevent them from overheating.

I used Yamaha NS-IW960 MTM units for my fronts and centre, NS-IW660 three ways for my sides and backs and NS-IC800 two-way concentrics in the ceiling. They're all rated 50 watts RMS, 150 or so watts peak, and do a fine job for home theatre use at half the price of Polk or Klipsch equvalents. I don't think you can get them in the UK but it might be worth looking around none the less.

Remember surround and overhead speakers are mainly for effect, not audiophile listening.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts