In theory - GS10s with RS Centre

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I know I need to check for myself.

As a GS centre is too big for my stand, would using my GS10s with the RS Centre in my 5.1 be ok ?

I'd like more bass in my hi fi so thinking putting RS6 in to that.

Just really want to know if it's worth lugging it all about, as it's in different rooms.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
With the yamaha AV amp you should be abble to fune tune the sound on the front stage.Of course the gs10 will be overvalued speakers foe home cinema

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi ear

True, the gs10s are a bit good for the HC, but tbh I almost get a bigger thrill from a really good film soundtrack as much as listening to music. And I'm missing a bit of bass on the hi-fi so maybe the RS6s can live in there. Not sure whether I'd want to add a sub.

I also seem to be using the hi fi less and less. Could it be on it's way out ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We've had quite a few customers using a Silver centre with Gold front s because they found the GS centre too big. They're quite similar tonally, and you'll have no problem getting the two to work well together.

One thing I will add is that if you're using the RSW12, why do you feel the need to go to RS6's? The only benefit of the RS6 over the GS10's will be the bass, which a good sub will add anyway. The GS10's (over their useable frequency range) will beat the RS6's. If the RSW12 isn't providing enough, then you'll need to look at a bigger sub.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
David. Thanks for reassurance on the RS/GS combo.

To confirm the RS6 are currently in my 5.1. If I move to the hi fi, I wouldn't intend using the with a sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts