In search of USB DAC

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Dear All,

In december I planned to upgrade my second system. As a result I bought a Primare i22 and Elac BS 403. The issue is that my CXA80 is working now at my friend, and I can only connect the Primare with a QED jack cable to an Asus soundcard in the PC. Could you please suggest something which is not expensive and produce better signal than the soundcard? I try to buy a used Primare modul in the amp, but maybe there are better options.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Behringer 202, I don't think it's a step up from a Asus soundcard. I would have recommended the E Dac but thats no longer available in UK.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
If you can just stretch a bit, I would recommend the yamaha wxc-50. May be a little stretch, but it will add loads of functionality, that you never thought was required. But will make you wonder how you managed without it all this while.

My friend who presently has my chord 2 qute dac and wxc-50 is of the opinion that the wxc-50 runs real close to the chord as a dac, and is a steal at this price. And i feel all dac's sound almost the same. So either ways, you get a great dac, with loads of fexibility :)

insider9

newlash09 said:
If you can just stretch a bit, I would recommend the yamaha wxc-50. May be a little stretch, but it will add loads of functionality, that you never thought was required. But will make you wonder how you managed without it all this while.

My friend who presently has my chord 2 qute dac and wxc-50 is of the opinion that the wxc-50 runs real close to the chord as a dac, and is a steal at this price. And i feel all dac's sound almost the same. So either ways, you get a great dac, with loads of fexibility :)
Good shout for the WXC-50. However it won't be an upgrade sonically against Xonar Essence STX. Functionality and no need for PC but sound not necessarily.

insider9

newlash09 said:
I honestly didnt know pc sound cards were so advanced these days. Thought only the graphic cards were racing with the game consoles :)
That's actually an old one, Newlash09. I've used it an "upgraded" it to Yamaha. Can be picked up for £80 nowadays second hand and as long as PC power supply is decent it really is a very good Burr Brown based dac.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
newlash09 said:
I honestly didnt know pc sound cards were so advanced these days. Thought only the graphic cards were racing with the game consoles :)
That's actually an old one, Newlash09. I've used it an "upgraded" it to Yamaha. Can be picked up for £80 nowadays second hand and as long as PC power supply is decent it really is a very good Burr Brown based dac.

Didnt know that too :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts