In Car DVD Twin Screen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is a long shot, but can anyone out there recommend a Twin Screen ( preferably 8 Inch ) DVD system for the car. I'm going on Holiday with kids and am stumped on what to look out for. Cheers !!!!

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a Philips PET711 set-up, which is available through Amazon for about £112. ÿIt has proved to be a great success (especially on the long drive down to West Cornwall, when previously WWIII had broken out). ÿAt one holiday place we had a freeview TV but no DVD player, so I hooked it up inside for the week (there's a mains adaptor as well as a cigar lighter plug). ÿSo far, I haven't had any freeze-ups or problems - very common with some of these systems if you read the reviews.

A

Anonymous

Suths:
This is a long shot, but can anyone out there recommend a Twin Screen ( preferably 8 Inch ) DVD system for the car. I'm going on Holiday with kids and am stumped on what to look out for. Cheers !!!!

Both on features and picture quality, Nextbase makes some of the finest portable dvd players, imho. This one: http://www.nextbase-europe.com/en/products/18/92/SDV685_AM.html, is imho their best.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Nextbase portable DVD player from Virgin a couple of years ago - I don't suppose Zavvi are still selling them (cheap)?
emotion-2.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

When my kids were younger, we ha a twin screen but this still caused problems cos they wanted to watch different DVD's.

I ended up buying two portable players which gave each their own screen and choice of film (or CD!).

Can't recommed any in particular as the ones I had are no longer available.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

The reason for this is a 4 Hour drive in the car. We have a 2.5 year old and a 1.5 year old. Last time the youngest screamed all the way, hence the thought of the DVD players. They both watch the same thing so it isn't a problem short term, but for future proofing it may be worth paying a bit extra for a system that plays individual DVD to each screen.

I've seen the Philips in Dixons / Comet and they look good. Does the nextbase play individual disc ?

Are there any portable players that can be used as in car players ? Again I think the nextbase do, but are their any others out there ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts