Impulse purchase - Linn Majik DS - thanks Cno :-)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
If I was in your position and ulitmately wanted to move to a Ref system, I would sell the PMCs, get Refs for the front, and temporarily get cheaper Kefs for the rear (which would be a better match), until Refs could be purchased.

In your opinion Cno, can my P7 handle the 205/2's?

Not that I am giving your suggestion serious consideration or anything lol

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gregvet said:
In your opinion Cno, can my P7 handle the 205/2's?

Not that I am giving your suggestion serious consideration or anything lol

Another good, but difficult question.

It depends on - a) What you're expecting

and b) If you intend upgrading it in the nearish future.

Have you run this past David?

It is my opinion that it will drive them to a reasonable level, but ultimately you should be looking at the P777 as a minimum....not that I expect you to listen, or anything!

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Linn Records 24 bit sounds incredible.

Just downloaded my first linn stuff, have to say on initial quick blast sounds really good.

I have a load of stuff downloading from the B&W site too, which is it is any good will be much better value ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
gregvet said:
CnoEvil said:
Linn Records 24 bit sounds incredible.

Just downloaded my first linn stuff, have to say on initial quick blast sounds really good.

I have a load of stuff downloading from the B&W site too, which is it is any good will be much better value ;)

That's great.

Two of my favorites are :

- Messiah -Dunedin Consort (24/88.2)

- Beethoven Piano Concertos No.3,4 and 5 (24/192)

Let me know what the B&W stuff is like.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Again, have only had a very quick listen so far, but I would say the B&W stuff is also very well recorded and sounds great.

The quality and genres seems quite variable tho, possibly more so than the linn stuff.

Well worth a look I would say, as it's £35 or so to subscribe, but you can download lots of albums for that. Only need to find two you like to make it similar value to the linn stuff!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts