Imac Output Quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How comparable is the Imac Aluminum 24" playing and Apple Lossless file through itunes with no EQ settings on max volume through a QED Phono to RCA thingie - to a CD through an Arcam Solo..? To me (Not exactly the best of ears) it seems the imac is holding back on the mid and pushing up the bass... And suggestions to fix any audio flaws..?

Thanks in advance for any input :eek:)

A

Anonymous

I've got one of those and rate it as the best Hi Fi and Media Front end ever. iTunes and Front Row plus the IR Handset take some beating.

Most of the music we buy it made on Mac Computers using Mac Software, some professionals make records using the included Garage Band. The EQ is digital and similar to what was used to master the track in the first place, so I'd use it to get the sound you want.

I suspect the best CD player will be better but you've got an optical Digital output to an exterior DAC or you could lash out £150 on an Edirol UA 25 which is one of the best.

Ashley

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anthony Harper"]How comparable is the Imac Aluminum 24" playing and Apple Lossless file through itunes with no EQ settings on max volume through a QED Phono to RCA thingie - to a CD through an Arcam Solo..? To me (Not exactly the best of ears) it seems the imac is holding back on the mid and pushing up the bass... And suggestions to fix any audio flaws..?

Thanks in advance for any input :eek:)[/quote]

Another suggestion.Do you have an iPod? Arcam's rDock is exceptional - pop your iPod and its Lossless tunes in here and you'll have a superb companion for your Solo, which is controllable via your Solo remote, too. Much better solution than cable...

A

Anonymous

Cheers Ashley, Good info there.

Cheers Clare, I have considered the rDock but i've only got a shuffle i use for cycling atm. Plus i like the big screen picture of the album cover :eek:p

A

Anonymous

Are you referring to the QED Digit DAC?

Martin Grindrod (AVI HiFi) "designed" it:

Edited by Mods - House Rules violation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts