Iffy interconnects

Last night switched on the CDP and one channel is totally dead. Pulled the amp out and wrigled the leads around and my Merlin Chopin isn't working, unless you strategically re-place the amp.

What other cheap interconnects should I look at that'll have the transparency and punch of the Chopin? It has to be cheap, cause I spent a load of money out yesterday.

I probably don't want to go over thye £50.00 mark.

Yours fed-up, pp.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Last night switched on the CDP and one channel is totally dead. Pulled the amp out and wrigled the leads around and my Merlin Chopin isn't working, unless you strategically re-place the amp.

What other cheap interconnects should I look at that'll have the transparency and punch of the Chopin? It has to be cheap, cause I spent a load of money out yesterday.

Yours fed-up, pp.

PP, I just won some VDH The First on eBay for £46 delivered. No idea what they are like but a decent price I think.

michael hoy

plastic penguin:

Yours fed-up, pp.

PP, have you tried contacting John at Merlin before buying new cables.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:

Yours fed-up, pp.

Hi

Sounds like a faulty solder joint. Contact Merlin and they should be able to repair them for you. Even if they charge for this it is likely to be cheaper than buying a new pair.

Hope this helps.

Darren

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
And before you do that, connect the CDP to the amp via another input ie Line or Aux or whatever. Just to check that it's not a problem in the amp terminal. Likewise I think you have two outputs on the CDP don't you. try the other one too.

A

Anonymous

Hi, if you return the Chopin to us we will check it out and repair it for you. All Merlin cables come with a life time repair or replace guarantee against manufacturing defects.

paulmerlin:

Hi, if you return the Chopin to us we will check it out and repair it for you. All Merlin cables come with a life time repair or replace guarantee against manufacturing defects.

Thanks, Paul. I'll certainly do that over the coming days.

Cheers, pp.

JoelSim:And before you do that, connect the CDP to the amp via another input ie Line or Aux or whatever. Just to check that it's not a problem in the amp terminal. Likewise I think you have two outputs on the CDP don't you. try the other one too.

Already checked the obvious, and it is a faulty i/c on left channel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts