If Carlsberg did metal bands.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The sync isn't quite 100% (the vid is a fraction before the audio), but it's not too bad.

Unlike the previous vid, this song is actually one of two we're going to be recording properly at the end of the month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBH657cH-iI

I promise I won't keep airing our rehearsal vids. After this one, the only vids I'll be pushing will be accompanied by the proper recordings, and will hopefully be a bit more professional in their execution.
emotion-21.gif

*Warning! Someone says "Ar*e" at the beginning, but that's it.
emotion-10.gif

And if you watch carefully during the middle 8, you can see I go to hit the left cymbal (as viewed) and miss it (twice)..... It must have moved while I wasn't looking.
emotion-2.gif

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:
The sync isn't quite 100% (the vid is a fraction before the audio), but it's not too bad.

Unlike the previous vid, this song is actually one of two we're going to be recording properly at the end of the month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBH657cH-iI

I promise I won't keep airing our rehearsal vids. After this one, the only vids I'll be pushing will be accompanied by the proper recordings, and will hopefully be a bit more professional in their execution.
emotion-21.gif

*Warning! Someone says "Ar*e" at the beginning, but that's it.
emotion-10.gif

And if you watch carefully during the middle 8, you can see I go to hit the left cymbal (as viewed) and miss it (twice)..... It must have moved while I wasn't looking.
emotion-2.gif

I've done that missing-the-cymbal-completely thing in gigs, you've just gotta hope nobody notices it :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. I'll slacken off the memory locks to make adjustments, but forget to tighten them up again. Doesn't take much for a cymbal arm or tom mount to creep an inch or so over time.

Worst gig I ever had equipment wise, was in Camden about 3 years ago. The venue said I wasn't allowed to bring my full kit, just the usual breakables.... I shouldn't have listened.

It was by far the worst house kit I've ever had the misfortune to use (no wingnuts on the cymbal stands, cross-threaded tom mounts, etc, etc), but the worst bit was the stage was bare wood with no carpet or anything on it (and not taking my full kit, I didn't take my drum mat). I had to keep hooking my foot around the leg of the hi-hat stand to drag it towards me mid song, as it just kept sliding away from me!
emotion-12.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts