If Carlsberg did metal bands.

A

Anonymous

Man, a big wall of sound in such a tight space, hope you guys wear ear plugs, bet the singer has got a right sore throat at the end of a gig, the rhythm section seem very tight, not my thing but i can appreciate the musicianship and dedication, good stuff.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Nice, controlled drumming Chris - music's a bit full-on for me, but well played!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

not my thing but i can see that you guys know your stuff, i can imagine plenty metalheads happily stomping their feet to that..
emotion-11.gif

you looked very relaxed and composed playing those drums bc, kind of in contrast to the manic nature of the track actually
emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It's funny you guys saying about the relaxed drumming style. It doesn't feel particularly relaxed when I'm doing it! Although I don't like to overplay as the stuff is busy enough as it is. It's easy to put loads of rolls and fills in whenever there's a space for it, but I don't play that way.

A few band members through the years have commented on how it doesn't look like I'm doing much when drumming. I think it's just a concentration thing. It's only when I see vids that I understand what they mean.
emotion-20.gif
emotion-2.gif

The singer and I both wear earplugs. Half decent ones that cut all frequencies about the same rather than foam bungs. (I got mine from the Russ Andrews website IIRC). Only time I don't use them is when playing lives shows.

The guitarists and bass player all complain about losing tone when wearing plugs, so they don't........ Hope it doesn't come back to bite them in years to come.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:This is coolness personified.

I'd have to give that to Charlie Watts, barely even seems to realise he's on stage most of the time... evidentally doesn't have a drum kit at home, he wanders round the house with some sticks and plays on anything that's near enough. He also can't drive but owns about a million quids worth of old Bentley's but who are we to argue..?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:It's funny you guys saying about the relaxed drumming style. It doesn't feel particularly relaxed when I'm doing it!

If your right wrist was any more relaxed your hand would drop off! Very fluid, nice. Can't help thinking you should be out the front though, death metal vocalists wearing caps, it wasn't like that in my day...

I've never really got on with the Napalm Death grunting style of vocalist, Tom Araya's more my thing but it's a tight unit, got to respect the talent there...

idc

I was thinking of Charlie Watts as well, so calm and controlled and it is as if you are thinking about other stuff like tomorrows shopping!

You should have a band motto "If Designs of Chaos did larger...."

the_lhc:Big Chris:

It's funny you guys saying about the relaxed drumming style. It doesn't feel particularly relaxed when I'm doing it! If your right wrist was any more relaxed your hand would drop off! Very fluid, nice. Can't help thinking you should be out the front though, death metal vocalists wearing caps, it wasn't like that in my day... I've never really got on with the Napalm Death grunting style of vocalist, Tom Araya's more my thing but it's a tight unit, got to respect the talent there...

Charlie Watts is a good call - there are many "call-looking" drummers, and Rick Buckler sprung to to mind.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Not keen on the Death Metal vocal but your a great drummer BC.

My all time fav drummer is Lars Ulrich (metallica) saw them in Manchester back in 1988 on the justice for all tour, he totally blew me away, awesome drummer.

A

Anonymous

If Carlsberg did Metal Bands I'd have had a constant hangover for the last 30 years. Can never get enough of all things heavy. Awesome playing from yourself and the other members. I'm afraid I'm gonna buck the trend here, where others fully appreciate what your doing physically but not musically, it appeals to me on both levels. Excellent, keep up the good work. Hopefully see you over in South Wales. Although good music venues are disappearing.

Just a rough audio snippet of me playing back in the day. (Not wishing to blow my trumpet just to bang a drum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ASXZnMlxs

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
DukeNz:I'm afraid I'm gonna buck the trend here, where others fully appreciate what your doing physically but not musically, it appeals to me on both levels.

It's only the vocals I don't like, doesn't matter how heavy it gets I like to be able to understand what's being sung.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
TBH, his vocals aren't normally quite as scratchy as that. This was the first thing we did at rehearsal, so none of us had had proper time to warm up.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:DukeNz:I'm afraid I'm gonna buck the trend here, where others fully appreciate what your doing physically but not musically, it appeals to me on both levels.

It's only the vocals I don't like, doesn't matter how heavy it gets I like to be able to understand what's being sung.I'll 2nd your point the_lhc

A

Anonymous

jase fox:the_lhc:DukeNz:I'm afraid I'm gonna buck the trend here, where others fully appreciate what your doing physically but not musically, it appeals to me on both levels.

It's only the vocals I don't like, doesn't matter how heavy it gets I like to be able to understand what's being sung.I'll 2nd your point the_lhc I must have watched the wrong video, the one i watched didn,t have any singing on it
emotion-8.gif
, ie, melodic.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
johnnyjazz:jase fox:the_lhc:DukeNz:I'm afraid I'm gonna buck the trend here, where others fully appreciate what your doing physically but not musically, it appeals to me on both levels.

It's only the vocals I don't like, doesn't matter how heavy it gets I like to be able to understand what's being sung.I'll 2nd your point the_lhc I must have watched the wrong video, the one i watched didn,t have any singing on it
emotion-8.gif
, ie, melodic.haha i was just to polite to make that point johnnyjazz ha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts