I want to upgrade to lossless....

nkitsell

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I already have a library of around 9,700 songs, in aac and mp3 format. Most of them are 256 or 320 kbps, but I'd like to replace as much as I can with flac/alac files. I'm aware that there is ponomusic and society of sound and other ways of acquiring high quality lossless files, BUT I really don't want to have to go through and pay for all my music AGAIN. I've already paid for it, and that amount of music wasn't cheap.

I don't buy CDs, because once I've ripped it I never touch the CD again so I don't really see the point.

Given that there are programs that analyse your library and download information such as album artwork etc, is there a similar program/service that replaces your lossy files with a higher quality such as a decently high bitrate flac? I wouldn't mind paying, as long as I don't have to pay again for every single song or album seperately which will cost a fortune.

Maybe some kind of service, you pay a flat rate, it analyses your music collection, replaces it with the best quality available for each song, and voila?

If this doesn't exist, maybe someone can make it for me? :grin:

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't exist :shame:

Does the quality of your files stops you from enjoying the music?

How about Wimp HIFI or Qobuz HiFi? both offer lossless streaming.

Lateralus

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I cannot recommend downloading your FLAC albums for free using a program such as [EDITED BY MODS], because that would be illegal. So don't consider it.

nkitsell

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how popular it would be... maybe I should start a kickstarter or something haha.

The quality doesn't stop me from enjoying it most of the time, however I visited a friend who does use lossless files (plus a more modern and expensive setup albeit) and we listened to Pink Floyd and I can honestly say I have never heard it in such clarity and beauty. And I want that!

I'll take a look at Wimp and Qobuz... I've not heard of them before. Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts