I want to buy Monitor Audio Bronze 200 or Acoustic Energy AE109 MK2 for NAD C325BEE amplifier. For all kinds of music (pop, rock, dance). Which would

Moli

Jul 5, 2024
Visit site
I want to buy Monitor Audio Bronze 200 or Acoustic Energy AE109 MK2 for NAD C325BEE amplifier. For all kinds of music (pop, rock, dance). Which wouldbetter

I want to buy Monitor Audio Bronze 200 or Acoustic Energy AE109 MK2 for NAD C325BEE amplifier. For all kinds of music (pop, rock, dance). Which wouldbetter
Unfortunately nobody here can say for sure. Many will have opinions but that's all they are.
Why did you select these two? Can you get to audition them? It's the only way you will know.
What size of room do you intend to use them in?

Moli

Jul 5, 2024
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't listen to it. There may be another offer... 20 square meters......
I would have money for these in Hungary.
You may also be interested in other brands...

Last edited:

Moli

Jul 5, 2024
Visit site
I have a pair of Q Acoustics 3030i on matching stands and they sound better than ever. Had them 3 years and they are very clean and detailed. Not too much bass, but they do need the foam bungs in the ports to stop any boominess. They must be a lot cheaper than when I bought them. The Monitor Audio Bronze 200 will give you more bass and that might cause issues in a smaller room. Id I was buying new speakers for £1000 or less, I'd be listening to the Q Acoustics 5040 and it's much cleaner in the bass than its predecessor, according to many reviews.
And have you heard Acoustic Energy? What do you think about it?
The room is 20 square meters. Would there be much bass from Monitor Audio?

Unfortunately,
And have you heard Acoustic Energy? What do you think about it?
The room is 20 square meters. Would there be much bass from Monitor Audio?
Unfortunately simply listing new speakers and asking questions about them is going to get you nowhere. Nobody here can tell you what speakers are going to sound like to you in your listening room. The only thing for you to do is buy some you like the look of and if they don't suit try to sell them on, if you cannor actually audition anything.

Jasonovich

I have the Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G for front and also rear speakers Monitor Audio Radius 270, paired in surround configuration, to be honest, I listen to them for movies. Occasionally I would listen some music via multi-channel and sounds pretty decent.
I also have the Dali Oberon 3, to my ears they sound sweeter than the MA but maybe it's because I have them set up specially for HiFi, the MA's are configured for TV.
Oberons 3 have a fatty sound but clean, MAs have a clinical sound but not thin.

Moli

Jul 5, 2024
Visit site
I have the Monitor Audio Silver 200 7G for front and also rear speakers Monitor Audio Radius 270, paired in surround configuration, to be honest, I listen to them for movies. Occasionally I would listen some music via multi-channel and sounds pretty decent.
I also have the Dali Oberon 3, to my ears they sound sweeter than the MA but maybe it's because I have them set up specially for HiFi, the MA's are configured for TV.
Oberons 3 have a fatty sound but clean, MAs have a clinical sound but not thin.
Thanks, that was a big help! Don't you know Acoustic Energy 109 MK2?

froze

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Everyone hearing is different, so based on that I think the ARs are better sounding the Bronze, the AR's seem more articulate, with a clearer sound, the Bronze sound a bit boxed in and slightly muddy though not as muddy sounding as Klipsch at this price level.

However both speakers would require the addition of a subwoofer to get pounding bass like you want in dance music. Klipsch makes a great powered sub for not a lot of money for under $250.

You can get better bass response at the same price level with a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv T1+ then either of the 2 speakers you're considering, but you probably still want a subwoofer. The only issue with these speakers is its DB sensitivity is only 88, not bad, but not great either, but the AR is 89 DB all that means you would have to drive your amp a bit harder to get the same volume out it with the Emotiva, but the addition of a subwoofer will free up some headroom on the amp.

Subwoofer wise the Klipsch R-12SW puts out 400 watts of power, I own this subwoofer and I can tell you it is powerful and sounds great once set up correctly. The good part is, it only cost currently on Amazon for $220, I paid $150 at Costco.

Any speaker on the market today for less than $3,000 a pair will require a subwoofer, especially for certain types of rock, metal, hiphop, rap, and of course movies, even classical and orchestral music sounds richer and fuller with a subwoofer.

Also, floor speakers will sound better with the addition of feet.

Just an opinion.

Moli

Jul 5, 2024
Visit site
Everyone hearing is different, so based on that I think the ARs are better sounding the Bronze, the AR's seem more articulate, with a clearer sound, the Bronze sound a bit boxed in and slightly muddy though not as muddy sounding as Klipsch at this price level.

However both speakers would require the addition of a subwoofer to get pounding bass like you want in dance music. Klipsch makes a great powered sub for not a lot of money for under $250.

You can get better bass response at the same price level with a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv T1+ then either of the 2 speakers you're considering, but you probably still want a subwoofer. The only issue with these speakers is its DB sensitivity is only 88, not bad, but not great either, but the AR is 89 DB all that means you would have to drive your amp a bit harder to get the same volume out it with the Emotiva, but the addition of a subwoofer will free up some headroom on the amp.

Subwoofer wise the Klipsch R-12SW puts out 400 watts of power, I own this subwoofer and I can tell you it is powerful and sounds great once set up correctly. The good part is, it only cost currently on Amazon for $220, I paid $150 at Costco.

Any speaker on the market today for less than $3,000 a pair will require a subwoofer, especially for certain types of rock, metal, hiphop, rap, and of course movies, even classical and orchestral music sounds richer and fuller with a subwoofer.

Also, floor speakers will sound better with the addition of feet.

Just an opinion.
Thank you for your opinion! What is the exact name of AR?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts