I want to buy a new amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy a new amplifier but unsure what to get. I've had a brief look at the audiolab 8000c/p pre / power combination although I realise that these came out a long time ago and I'd be interested in looking at newer options. I like the idea of having a pre/power amp but would be interested in looking at integrated options. At the moment, I've got;

Nakamichi Amplifier 1 (which is as old as the hills and needs replacing urgently)
Exposure 2010s CD player which I bought recently and I'm very happy with
Mission 753 speakers which are quite old but good and can be bi wired
ipod classic 160gb which I'd like to use with my new amp

Has anyone got any recommendations / ideas as I'm a bit stuck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I've had a quick look at it and it looks fairly priced and looks very nice. Will certainly match the cd player asthetically! I'd also like to have a look at pre/power options though. Want something that is a good all rounder. I like rock, hip hop, dance... everything really! what do you guys reckon?

A

Anonymous

I've just been looking at the 2010s amps in a bit more detail. I REALLY like them. The price looks good and it would match the cd player to look cool too
emotion-11.gif
Has anyone got the 2010s pre power and can give me a reasonable description of what it sounds like as an integrated and as a pre/power combination. Thanks for your help so far guys. Much appreciated
emotion-1.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Bit of a rock amp though isn't it TM? I mean I know that's your bag, but is it his?
emotion-1.gif
[/quote]

It is a amp with great timing regardless of what music you play!. Bass could be a bit lower but overall sound will be at it best when partner with it's stable mate cd player.

A

Anonymous

I'm very happy with my 8000C/P combo, but you might wanna look at getting the 8000Q instead of the C.

Not sure you'd be taking full advantage of that combo with those speakers though... particularly in the bass department..

A

Anonymous

How about active loudspeakers? A friend has just bought some and they are pretty good. Anyone got any suggestions on this subject. Would be much appreciated. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts