I need help to choose.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I am really stuck on which set up to get the options are the Onkyo TX-SR606 or the TX-SR507 with either the kef 1005.2, 2005.3 or the Q acoustics 1010i i will be mainly using them for blu ray from the Sony BDPS350 and hd dvd from the Toshiba HDE1 but I will ocasionally be using them for music through either of the players.

Can any one suggest anything else or which do you think will be the best option.

P.s this setup will placed in quite a big bedroom.

James

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Both Kefs and Q Acoustics sound good with any Onkyo amp and for music you will get better performance with the Traditional speakers so the Q Acoustics will sound better for movies as well. If you have the room go for them, remember the centre is quite large and stands and wall brackets are required. A cheap good upgrade is to add the 1030i, 1050i floorstanders for the fronts and use the others in a 7.1. For the kefs some find that upgrading the centre to the kef 3005se improves dialog then you can use the spare for 6.1. I audtioned both packages and found the Q Acoustics more natural and crisp dialog, but in the end got the Quad-lites for £450 in silver and delighted. The centre channel is quite a bit smaller so fits perfectly in my rack. My bedroom is 4x4.5mtr's and these are find only problem you may get is from the sub. I would go and audition them see what you prefer and if the Traditional speakers win then also consider other brands in the similar style and size to them.

A

Anonymous

I also have a Sony BDPS350 and a Toshiba dvd player; I was recently in a similar position and undecided on what to go for; in the end I went for the Onkyo TX-SR607 (The replacement model for the 606) and the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package as these are great with movies.

This basically tells you what my opinion is ... Go for the Onkyo 606 (or 607 if you can afford it) and the Q Acoustic speakers

Kind Regards

Andy

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys that really helps I thnk I will go for the Q's as I have seen some really good deals on these and I think I will go for the 606 as I really don't need some of the added features from the 607.

And again thanks for the insight.

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts