i need help regarding my panasonic th-42pa50e

dogbreath

Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
im looking to buy a new dvd player..however, i dont know if there is any point buying one that upscales. my plasma has 3 scarts plus a component input which i want to make use of. in the manual it says my tv has scanning formats of 720p and 1080i. will i benefit from a player that upscales connected via a component cable or should i just stick to a scart lead. also,my sony strva555es receiver has component in and out sockets,whats the reason for this when i can go straight from the dvd player to the tv? hope someone can help!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The short answer is, yes, definitely, you'll get a lot more benefit from a decent upscaling DVD player connected via component to your TV than with scart.

The reason for the component in and out sockets on your amp is to allow video switching i.e. you could connect a DVD player and an XBox 360 to your amp, then connect the amp to the TV. This allows more than one component source to be connected to your TV if you only have one component input on the TV and also should automatically switch the correct video and audio source at the same time on your amp. Some amps will also upscale the image, but I don't think that's the case with your Sony.

dogbreath

Jan 30, 2008
Visit site
thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. now i just need to choose a decent dvd player. just one more query..if i use the component sockets would i still need to connect the coaxial cable from the dvd unit to the av amp...am i right in thinking component only carries the picture signal rather than sound or both? thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts