I heard Atmos for the first time. Wow!

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good evening,

I heard Dolby Atmos for the first time and it was excellent. I really enjoyed it. I could easily hear the sound effects coming from the ceiling. I was that impressed I am not seriously thinking about investing in a Atmos set up.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Apart from the typo I doubt many people have heard Atmos yet because there are so few demo rooms but I was really impressed.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I only listened to an Atmos demo. I know this is made to make the Atmos sounder amazing. Why do you ask? What's your thoughts?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
CraigDS said:
I only listened to an Atmos demo. I know this is made to make the Atmos sounder amazing. Why do you ask? What's your thoughts?
While an Atmos system can be impressive, it is always worth trying the same material in the same system but just as 5.1/7.1, as it will then properly show what Atmos is doing. Of course, Atmos would still be favoured in that system as the sides and surrounds will be positioned lower than they would if you set up a 5.1/7.1 system properly - decent surround speakers sound surprisingly good at producing height effects when positioned above ear level.

Alantiggger said:
I am sure that I have already read online that 'atmos' is kind of 'gimikie' ?

Most folks could not tell the difference between the likes of 5.1/7.1 and atmos ?

Where did you read this?? How can one not tell a difference when overhead speakers are firing down on you? What I've read so far, it does make a significant difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts