I have received a Panasonic DMP-BDT310 which should have been a DMP-BDT210.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I ordered a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu Ray player and I have been sent the 310 at the same price, the only difference I can see is the twin HDMI ports and the "touch free sensor" should I return it and reorder the 210 or am I "quids in" ?

Thanks

ashcorn

Mar 17, 2008
Visit site
You should contact the company you bought it from and inform them of their mistake. I'm sure if you had overpaid them in error you would want them to contact you about a refund.

A

Anonymous

Do yourself a favour and get in touch with the company. If you do not alert them and they realise later they could report you or sue you for theft. It will cost them carriage fees to do a swop so they might swallow the mistake or just ask for an extra compromise payment that you can negotiate down as low as possible.

Please don''t listen to the keep it brigade, they won't pay your fine or do your sentence for you.

Paul.

lordy said:
Do yourself a favour and get in touch with the company. If you do not alert them and they realise later they could report you or sue you for theft. It will cost them carriage fees to do a swop so they might swallow the mistake or just ask for an extra compromise payment that you can negotiate down as low as possible.

Please don''t listen to the keep it brigade, they won't pay your fine or do your sentence for you.

Sure thay may get in contact and ask for it back, but sue you? Thats a little over dramatic, its their mistake.

I do however think it couldn't hurt to call the shop. It also couldnt hurt to tell them the box went in the recycling before you noticed
evil.png

Sliced Bread

Paul Hobbs said:
lordy said:

Sure thay may get in contact and ask for it back, but sue you? Thats a little over dramatic, its their mistake.

I do however think it couldn't hurt to call the shop. It also couldnt hurt to tell them the box went in the recycling before you noticed
evil.png

+ 1

but only of course if the box is in the bin ;)

I have received an order from Play before with a few DVD's, which was completely in error (I hadn't ordered anything). They wanted me to buy some packaging and go to the post office and return it. At that time I had a 2 week old baby in the house so I was a little too busy to be running around after their mistake.

I said no-way hosay (is that how you spell it?) and told them to send a courier round to pick it up as I shouldn't have to spend my time and money (on packaging) for their error. They eventually agreed to send a courier, but one never arrived.

I was absolutely grilled over my honesty and while I would be honest with other companies, I wouldn't offer the same courtesy back to Play. It's just not worth it.

A

Anonymous

Right let us get this absolutely clear.

They made a mistake. You have not made a mistake ------- yet. You know that you have something of greater value than you paid. You keep it and say nothing. That is Theft, pure and simple.

Sure, you may not get arrested or sued but you leave yourself open to those courses of action.

Have you thought that someone at the retailer may be under suspicion for fraud or theft as a result of this? Their job might be in the balance.

Get in touch and screw them for the best deal you can get.

Ignore the keep it and keep quiet crew. They will not rescue you if you end up in the smelly stuff. :wall:

Merry Xmas

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I'd advise them of the mistake,chances are they will realise anyway.There's £30 difference between them on the Comet website.If you have opened the box & unpacked it,they wont be able to sell it as new so will no doubt come to some arrangement with you.

I doubt that they will want to pay a courier to collect it just so they can sell it at a reduced price.

Let me put a different angle to it. You have a manufacturer's warranty for the 210 as per your receipt, but you actually have the 310. The manufacturer may refuse to honour the warranty (unlikely, considering you're required to register the product to activate the warranty).

Just inform them, & include that you don't mind keeping it if they end up losing money for swapping. Most likely, they'll let you keep it. It's more expensive for them to swap it for the 210. That way your conscience is clear as well.

A

Anonymous

Personally I agree with the "tell them" camp. But let them know in no uncertain terms that you are not willing to do their legwork for them. If they want to swap it demand they send a courier WITH THE 210, to your house.

I think they will let you keep it, and your conscience is clear. If you don't need the features you don't need the player, they will be identical in picture and sound performance.

A

Anonymous

keep it, play are too busy to care about stuff like that and the warranty thing well i doubt that will be a prob either the player is about £30 diff in price to us but about £15 or less for them to buy it in at and it would cost them more to swap it if you ever get a problem just say the player is identical how am i suppose to know... now where are my free star wars blu rays???

rapsey said:
keep it, play are too busy to care about stuff like that and the warranty thing well i doubt that will be a prob either the player is about £30 diff in price to us but about £15 or less for them to buy it in at and it would cost them more to swap it if you ever get a problem just say the player is identical how am i suppose to know... now where are my free star wars blu rays???

How do you know the OP bought from play?

A

Anonymous

'Are you on glue?' A perfectly reasonable question given the context.

Otiose though, now there's a word. All those billions on education and not a penny wasted.

:roll:

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Nice to see there are some honest folk here.

JL once sent me an extra DVD recorder, and I had to speak to them twice to get them to take it back. Must have been the glue...

A

Anonymous

I think everyone missed the point here, I was looking for a review....

TRENDING THREADS