I have got a new Pioneer SC-LX85. And LOADS of questions!!!

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
I got this for christmas, and due to haveing a home cinema system for several years, I was expecting this to be up and running within an hour or so. Boy was I wrong!! I admin most of the time was speant trying to get sky to work through Optical which I understand has been an issue with this model and is now resolved, however not on the 'sky' channel which is annoying.

Anyway I have gone as far as I can with it and was hoping someone could answer the following queries/problems I have

Firstly - The crossover settings, I cannot find anywhere through the menus here you can induvidually set the crossover for each speaker, I can set an overall crossover in speaker settings but surely there a way to do this on each channel ?

Similar to the last question, on my previous Denon model there was a way to set my front speakers to 'Large' while still having a set crossover to the sub woofer to have say below 60HZ running to the subwoofer while still having full range throught the fronts. Is there no way of doing this on the Pioneer ?

Finally is there a way of setting a particualr surround format for each input? eg, having sky set to DTS NEO X, but when switching to CD t will automatically switchto Stereo ?

THis will do for now :)

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi To answer your question I have floorstanders L+R which are considered full range but no way can reach the depths of my 12" sub. So I would like to set crosover to 50 Hz here. I have much smaller rears and centre so a crossover at around 80Hz would be better here. I could do this on my Denon AVR2808 but there is only one crosover on the Pioneer....

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
umbucker said:
Hi To answer your question I have floorstanders L+R which are considered full range but no way can reach the depths of my 12" sub. So I would like to set crosover to 50 Hz here. I have much smaller rears and centre so a crossover at around 80Hz would be better here. I could do this on my Denon AVR2808 but there is only one crosover on the Pioneer....

Thanks Umbucker. I never expected it to be so complicated. I've so much to learn.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts