I bought my first low budget interconnector, Atlas

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
A quick update of events.

Last week I bought a Pure i20 dock/DAC for my iPod and started using FLAC files converted to AIFF, I was using a Cambridge Audio i50 dock only.

To complete the line up I thought I would try a budget but better quality interconnector, I had little hope but thought why not. I almost bought a Chord Crimson, bought I spotted a Atlas Integra, looked well put together and aesthetically please, and as good if not better sounded say WHF review (pinch of salt)

So, it came yesterday, nice and early, but we had a busy day, so sat down last night around 11:30pm, till 2:30 am listening, I must say I wasn't expecting anything, It was more the case if I have some ok equipment for my budget and needs, and all fairly well made.

First impressions are good, I have notice it seems to give a more stereo affect, sounds alittle more open/wide sound, top end sounds clear and more pronounced with I like, vocals the same, althought not quite sure if I think it sounds to much? I am comparing this to a Profigold Skyline RCA.

Anyway my first write up really, I am fairly happy, I would like to buy a dedicated DAC next.

Thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It is also possible that your hifi was sounding better late at night, as there is less grunge in the mains.....so test during the day as well.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
It was a early morni b session. We ha e been out today, and I left my amp on playing music to burn the cable in. I must say it does seem to sound harsh, the midrange is very prominent, the vocal and midrange seems to really be alittle harsh and uneasy, so much so my girlfriend commented on this to.

Luke

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
PLuKE said:
Are you being disingenuous? Or a genuine comment, I "cable" talk here isn't very split! Luke

Are you referring to the city of Split in Croatia by any chance? Or have I dropped into some alternative reality where that makes sense?
smiley-laughing.gif

Chris

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This 'low budget' cable appers to be around £40?

That seems like a terribly high amount of money given that your amp cost £180 new approx ten years ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts