I am thinking about getting a soundbar in the future!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I will be keeping my existing sound system, but fancy adding DTS X, Dolby Atmos, DTS Master Audio, Dolby True HD, Dts, Dolby Digtal and Bluetooth in a sound bar and possibly wireless subwoofer. I am going to put the sound bar on the top stand of my TV stand and put the TV to the back of the stand more. Any ideas and recommendations here guys? Thanks. Oh yeah will the HDMI input on the Oppo 203 be fine for this? And will be attaching it to the TV. Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
I will be keeping my existing sound system, but fancy adding DTS X, Dolby Atmos, DTS Master Audio, Dolby True HD, Dts, Dolby Digtal and Bluetooth in a sound bar and possibly wireless subwoofer. I am going to put the sound bar on the top stand of my TV stand and put the TV to the back of the stand more. Any ideas and recommendations here guys? Thanks. Oh yeah will the HDMI input on the Oppo 203 be fine for this? And will be attaching it to the TV. Cheers!
Save me getting a new amp and speakers don't go in my setup for DTS X and Dolby Atmos. The wireless sub could go anywhere in my room, but have thought of a place for it.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
gel said:
Save me getting a new amp and speakers don't go in my setup for DTS X and Dolby Atmos. The wireless sub could go anywhere in my room, but have thought of a place for it.
Think I have found the one!

https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-16009-yamaha-ysp-5600-digital-sound-projector.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pWfwZr61QIVbRHTCh0wrwadEAAYASAAEgJOV_D_BwE

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
gel said:
gel said:
Think I have found the one!

https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p-16009-yamaha-ysp-5600-digital-sound-projector.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pWfwZr61QIVbRHTCh0wrwadEAAYASAAEgJOV_D_BwE
Nope, this is too large!

https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/ysp-5600/review

D

Deleted member 2457

Just seen this:

https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/ysp-2700/review

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
With a soundbar, you'll lose out on proper rear speakers and your amazing subwoofer too. I don't think you'll get a good Atmos effect with a soundbar.
Cheers BB, I will scrap that idea then. Perhaps an new amp will be better? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
bigboss said:
With a soundbar, you'll lose out on proper rear speakers and your amazing subwoofer too. I don't think you'll get a good Atmos effect with a soundbar.
Cheers BB, I will scrap that idea then. Perhaps an new amp will be better? Cheers.
No scrap the amp, how about a sound bar for just my music?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Why would you want a soundbar for music? Your current system will thrash any soundbar out there for music.
Yep, you are right BB, I have just bought a 3 metre cable so I can sit down and control my music - superb. Cheers.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
If you were considering the sound bar for more convenient control. Then may be you can consider a music cast pre amp like the Yamaha wxc-50. Supposed to come with an excellent amp to just sit back and control everything. Plug into your avr and you are good to go. Cheers :)

D

Deleted member 2457

newlash09 said:
If you were considering the sound bar for more convenient control. Then may be you can consider a music cast pre amp like the Yamaha wxc-50. Supposed to come with an excellent amp to just sit back and control everything. Plug into your avr and you are good to go. Cheers :)
Cheers! That's very interesting. How would I connect it to my Pioneer sc-lx81 amp though? Just watched a video on it and loved it.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
newlash09 said:
Cheers! That's very interesting. How would I connect it to my Pioneer sc-lx81 amp though? Just watched a video on it and loved it.
My 3m cable has just turned up and works great! Thanks for the suggestions though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Tried the LG sj9 sound bar today and I thought it was pants.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have listened to it a fair bit since getting it, and I am a bit unsure with the quality of it. The Yamaha 3060 Bluetooth sounded better, any reason as to why? Just to confirm I am currently using a Pioneer sc-lx81 and a cable for Bluetooth music. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Just to confirm I am currently using a Pioneer sc-lx81 and a cable for Bluetooth music. Cheers.
What do you mean? Your Pioneer doesn't have Bluetooth. Have you connected an external Bluetooth receiver? Or have you connected your phone to the Pioneer via the cable?
Pioneer via cable, just order an Arcam Blink to do the job, what do you think? Cheers.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
You can connect the Yamaha wxc-50 into the line level inputs on the sc lx-81. That way you would be using the Yamaha as your pre-amp. The Yamaha has Bluetooth too, and also can stream from your Nas or the plethora of streaming sites available. And then you can wirelessly control it from your phone's app. Will be better in sound quality than Bluetooth, and more convenient than plugging your phone with a 3m cable. Cheers....

D

Deleted member 2457

newlash09 said:
You can connect the Yamaha wxc-50 into the line level inputs on the sc lx-81. That way you would be using the Yamaha as your pre-amp. The Yamaha has Bluetooth too, and also can stream from your Nas or the plethora of streaming sites available. And then you can wirelessly control it from your phone's app. Will be better in sound quality than Bluetooth, and more convenient than plugging your phone with a 3m cable. Cheers....
Cheers mate, but went for the cheap Arcam rBlink in the end, and I must say it's pretty good! I nice way to add Bluetooth on a budget. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts