I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
It’s good news that a new amp is winging its way to you.

Lucky you gets to unbox another new toy.

Did they mention what they thought had caused the problem?

Did they ever test it with those 4ohm speakers?
yes they tested the A-S3000 with monitor audio platinum speakers which are a 4ohm speakers but I didn’t realise that at the time

the amplifier ran for a day with them with no issues then after the weekend on Monday they went to turn the amplifier on but nothing it was completely dead which for me was good because I didn’t want it back because I knew it had a issue .

Audiovisual do not have anything to test properly if there is a problem as the Yamaha would have to be sent off to Yamaha which I’ve spoken to Yamaha tech about the A-S3000 .

The Yamaha tech guy I spoke to said it sounded like it was something to do with the power supply but said when we get it here we hook up the Yamaha A-S3000 to a computer and that will tells us what the fault was on the last shut down which I thought was pretty clever that amplifier can tell you this .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well my Yamaha A-S3000 arrived at 245pm this afternoon I was being very careful this time around I just unpacked it put it on the rack and left it there for a couple of hours even though it’s not that cold outside I didn’t want to take chances then hooked it up and started it and left it on a very low volume .

As I also had family around so couldn’t really listen to it which I found frustrating but on a very positive note the amplifier has been working for around 3 hours without any issues so far which is good news and looks like I’ve got my self a good amplifier this time around .

I basically need to put some hours on the amplifier before I can really say about the sound but it’s a lot different then the Yamaha A-S2100 a lot different in many ways but that’s not to say that the Yamaha A-S2100 is not a good amplifier it is .

But so pleased I’ve not got a dud amplifier this time around and look forward in the Yamaha A-S3000 opening up to show me what it’s capable off which I am sure I will not be disappointed .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
audipheonix said:
Excited and eager to read your review. Have you checked the serial no. just to be sure.Can you post some pics.. me being greedy..
I will try but haven’t had a lot of luck posting photos on here as in the past I could but now finding it difficult to post photos but I will try

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Does anyone no what app I could use to upload photos on this site using a iPad ?

I use the free photobucket hosting site, just create an account and upload any pictures you want to it and then you can post them from there onto this forum .

http://photobucket.com

I know it works with an ipad because I often use it . *good*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Electro said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Does anyone no what app I could use to upload photos on this site using a iPad ?

I use the free photobucket hosting site, just create an account and upload any pictures you want to it and then you can post them from there onto this forum .

thanks mate

that not the yahoo one is it ?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:

The bast**ds Photobucket changed their terms and conditions a few months ago so that now you need to pay them if you want the public to be able to view your pictures. Unless you pay their ransom, I mean fee, all that everyone else will see is this image:

flickr is still free to use though and can be used to post pictures to forums.

https://www.flickr.com/
I just tried to join for free and it will not let me are there any other apps for the iPad you can use to upload on here as I’ve tried google photos which used to work but not anymore

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:

It's not free anymore. *nea*

The bast**ds Photobucket changed their terms and conditions a few months ago so that now you need to pay them if you want the public to be able to view your pictures. Unless you pay their ransom, I mean fee, all that everyone will see is this image:

photobucket-embed-error.jpg

Flickr is still free to use though and can be used to post pictures to forums.

https://www.flickr.com/

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I just tried to join for free and it will not let me are there any other apps for the iPad you can use to upload on here as I’ve tried google photos which used to work but not anymore

Flickr is still free to use and I'm pretty sure it works on the iPad to but I cannot be certain as I'm a PC user. Maybe someone else with an iPad can help?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Flickr is still free to use and I'm pretty sure it works on the iPad to but I cannot be certain as I'm a PC user. Maybe someone else with an iPad can help?
right I’ve managed to join Flickr but when I’ve copied the link onto this site I just get a little box where the photo is meant to be but no photo ? Have I done something wrong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts